CTF-EnternalCaves2K3 Beta Up For Grabs!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
Since it's a rather slow news day I thought I'd go out on the wire and p1mp the beta of CTF-EnternalCaves2K3. Fordy's posted it over at INA, and you can catch the screenshots and all important download over at this thread. Remember kiddies, this is a beta so expect a few bumps along the road. Whilst you're at it be sure to stop by that thread and give him some feedback, as I can assure you... every bit helps!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've been watching this one for quite a while now. I always loved EternalCaves, despite the constant bitching about this side or that having the advantage. :D

Fordy

Jul 10, 2001
York, UK
www.planetunreal.com
Actually the weaponbases are there, but like you say they are set to bhidden ingame ;) Though I just noticed they dissapear in insta lol. anyway I might make my own, something stoney looking, those are too hi tec for the map.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
remakes and conversions aren't worth news posts. save them for something original. except in cases where the map was given a total overhaul with original content added, and original mapper credit is given, I may make an exception. If i want to play face, or Deck, etc etc. ill go play UT, as I still keep it installed ([pimp]mostly for the Jailbreak Sunday Lockdown [/pimp])

Eternal caves sucks by the way- bases are way too imbalanced as blue's flag is 10x harder to get and escape with.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
See, I knew the EC bitching would begin! :D

Say what you will about the unbalanced bases, but I've had some of the most fun matches on Caves. And yeah, haven't grabbed it yet, but from the pics I've seen on the Atari forums (and past work I've seen from Fordy), this is a proper remake.