CTF-DMUT-MidKeep

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
www.planetunreal.com/ucz/files/ctf-midkeep.zip

Ill post some pics below.

It is a Asymetrical CTF map for DarkMagic (tho it can be played in regular UT as well with no problems ;) )
It has 3^ paths to the Flags, The bots snipe, defend, attack, translocate, ect...
It is rather large, but there isn't really much of a frame rate problem ... except on the top of the blue tower.. It overlooks the entire map, and the polys there can be a killer.... :p

the bots can get stuck behind the portal, and can't find the redeemer, but generaly take atvantage of everything else :)

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
from the first shot, dont texturize the stair like that, its ghey, and the latarns on the ceiling dont really give light, let them really shine bright light away from them in the darkness and coldness of the castle, cause light is way too overlit without real sourcing now
but keep practicing :)

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
havent downloaded it, just the screens :)

the sides of the stairs

and you lighting is too overall, and the light doesnt seem too come froma real point, read the davidm lightning tuts, then you prolly see what i mean, you prolly know his site:)

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Ya I know DavidMs site.. I actualy already read them... but I made this map before I had read the tutorials :p
I probly won't update this map (Too many noobish mistakes), but Ill take it into account in my future maps ;)

The stairs: ok I have another set of stairs in the red base that look better, I really don't know what I was thinking with the ones in the pic :p ....

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
"I probly won't update this map"

so why do you bother posting it here? :/
you hope some people actually like it and build up your ego?
[/mean n00b basher]

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
lol
becuase I can't upload it to nalicity yet....
and I want it reviewed becuase I am niave and materialistic :lol:

I post here to annoy all you un-leet 'expirenced' mappers :p
[/mean leet-mapper basher]

:lol:

/EDIT: if people bug me enough I probly will update, but I doubt thats going to happen ;)

Freakish

Speed Addict
Dec 23, 2001
Visit site
well *I'll* say something constructive..I agree with Hourences.

ALSO..behind the red base is some sort of error that causes instant-death at a few different points. VERY BAD. Fix that. Ya never know..a FC might want to hide back there..

You can lay off the spiders..they're sort of annoying. The light fixtures are sort of fruity..but not a big deal. The lifts are way too slow for my tastes too..

In your warp tunnel thing, with an easy dodge I can end up safe on the bottom at either end (ie I avoided the death zone below..). Then, with a piston jump I can get back up on the platform. Better extend the death zone unless you want flag carriers hiding down there.

I care about online gameplay only..if a map looks like crap but plays well then it's on my good list. So..fix your map up a bit and I can tell you a server that might run your map. :eek:

oh..and I played normal CTF on it..not DarkMagic

Last edited: