CTF-BlasphemyV2 - about a review

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

axiom82

Nov 4, 2001
dca.ipfox.com
Hi,

I just uploaded CTF-BlasphemyV2.unr to the nalicity ftp server. It is also located HERE. I am hoping to have it reviewed, because it is my best map in over a 2 year period.

Thanks,

[DCA]Dynamic_Axiom

blasphemy5.jpg

blasphemy6.jpg

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
havent played it yet but your arhcitecture looks ok, light is a bit boring and overall to what i see on the shots

youve should have asked in the other forum though
review request or comments and stuff, and the best way to get an review is to send a mail to the reviewer you want...

and turn of the weapon, the hud and the crossair when taking pics, looks much nicer and proffesionaller then :)

axiom82

Nov 4, 2001
dca.ipfox.com
Why do you say the lighting is boring? I try to make my maps look real. I hate that techie bright contrasting blues and reds like CTF-Esprit's inner bases. The geometry isnt just ok:/ you are right about my hud though. thanks.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Think you should rather post this in the Reviewer Comments forum - or send a mail to Varpu or Rabid, after all that's what they demanded in their threads before the forums were moved.

Anyways, map looks nice! Will download! :)

Greetz, Lugg

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
on the screens the light has 1 color, tis brown red light, only 1 colour all over the place is boring .

there need to be contrast, thats important, contrast in brightness and color, if you put some small yellow lights in there for instance it would look much better
you see this rocket on the first pic, wich gives a yellow light, now imagine the same light like that on more places in your pic, dont you think that will be nicer to look at ?

and espirit is way to old, if someone would review the map now it would get like 6.5/10, maybe less cause it has way to bad things in it, the standards are much higher

axiom82

Nov 4, 2001
dca.ipfox.com
I see what you mean now. Some people like that bright contrasting colors for their maps, but I think it looks fake.

I don't want to make my map look like Hollywood. I want it to look like Indiana Jones movies.

**emailing Varpu

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
i like both...

realistic and less real, more techie/unreal type lighting...

depends on the map... some really shine with that otherworldly, neon nites type lighting but im also a fan of real street lights or plain lighting in more 'real' maps...

depends on the environment youre trying to create...

im dling your map now :)