1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crysis Sudden Framerate Drop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skakruk, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Skakruk

Skakruk  

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

get a better PC.

3. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

What rez you playing at?
    Do you have any AA?
    DX10 settings?

Crysis wasn't optimized to begin with, but my old pc started showing similar signs, eventually effecting all games before it wouldn't turn on anymore.

4. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Might it be more convenient to post this on their official forums?

5. togmkn

togmkn tog-em-kay-en

I hate to state the obvious, but it seemed like it dropped as soon as you looked at the mountain. Is this always the case?

6. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

I only can think of one thing, and that might be that your HDD or CD (whichever it's stored on) is being a bitch, perhaps. Does it go away after a little bit? Also, since you have a pretty beefy rig and you're only playing on High (shaders on anything less than very high are poo) why not trying to install CCC 2.1 and see if that for some reason or another magically fixes things.

~Jason

7. madspacemarinemustdie

madspacemarinemustdie ...

Did you install new drivers recently? Update anything that runs in the backround?

8. dragonfliet

Darn, I was hoping that helped. You know, though, recently Mass Effect on PC has been misbehaving, running perfectly wonderful and then having random drops to 5fps, then steadily working back up to 60. Very random too. Sorry crysis is bugged as bad as it is. That game is fun.

~Jason

9. DarkED

DarkED The Great Oppression

When I had Crysis my system wasn't nearly as capable as yours, I could run it at 1280x1024 on a mix of mediums/highs and get 30-40fps. But I also got the sudden framerate drops like you are having. I just dealt with it until I finished the game. I couldn't find a reason for it.

10. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

And the humongous mountain of detail in the background certainly isn't the culprit here uh oh D:

11. Cowlike

Cowlike New Member

Have you tried disabling antivirus and such ?

12. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Sounds like you may have covered all the bases, unless there's some game-specific thing that is mentioned at the Crysis forums. I have no idea what else to try.

Hope this doesn't turn into a Skakruk Crysis Christmas Crisis.;)

13. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

sucks brah

14. [VaLkyR]Anubis

[VaLkyR]Anubis Foregone Destruction

There is one thing wrong in this thread. Crysis is not a huge bug or a hell way bugged or something else. At first, you have to know, what you are talking about and not judging about something, if you don't know it. Nevertheless, I do have those little problems myself and I don't mind about it! The reason is, that I already played the game on DX10 (64Bit version), and there I didn't have those anomalies. The game ran constantly good, but the frame rate was not that good, compared to DX9, but the little problems were lost. By playing DX9 (64Bit version), the game runs constantly very good as well, except those 3 moments, but it doesn't happens in the entire game, so accept it.

15. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

What happened to this "I only get this in Crysis" thing?

16. [VaLkyR]Anubis

[VaLkyR]Anubis Foregone Destruction

I didn't and I do not claim, that Crysis is a perfect game, which doesn't has any bugs. Of course, there are certain bugs, but those bugs do not ruin the entire game. It is still an very enjoyable game!

Sure, you are right! Those bugs might be fixed very easily, but as you know and said, Crytek is currently concentrating on CryEngine 3.0 and not that much on CryEngine 2. Nevertheless, as long as the game is still playable and enjoyable for the community, then won't mind that much about it. Besides this, it's been out for more than 2 years, you know, but who's counting!

Indeed, I do have a GTX260 and I also play DX9 (64Bit) @ high details. I also played on DX10 (64Bit) @ very high, but then the average frame rate was only at 25 and sometimes even lower. I personally don't mind about these problems, because they don't ruin the game feeling. There are other games, which ruin are able to their own gameplay.

Are you supposing, that those problems happens only by using a Nvidia card? Might be, but it also could happen by playing a ATI card and as far as I do know, most people, who are playing Crysis, have a Nvidia card. Some people, who had a ATI card and played Crysis upgraded to a Nvidia card. Don't ask me why, I only assume, that the frame rate is a little bit lower by having a ATI card in your system, compared to a Nvidia system, but I got this from the net and not everything on the net is gold, only because is shines.

17. NRG

NRG Master Console Hater

Any chance your E8400 is maxing out to 100% sometimes? The only times I've seen Crysis stutter is at scenes with a lot of physics, the beginning of levels or midpoints where there's lots of loading, and when the user is running out of memory.

The areas you described sound like possible places where some level loading could be triggered from what I remember. I haven't played Crysis in a while though.

18. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Any chance 8GB of ram would do anything?

19. dragonfliet

Nah, I played Crysis with an E6550, 9800GT and 4GB RAM (a worse system) with the equivalent of everything on high/very high (it was heavily, heavily tweaked) and ran at a very solid 30-40fps with no hits like have been described here. Even the ice levels with physics going nuts didn't bring it to its knees (though occassionally there were some fps drops into the high 20's).

Come to think of it, though. You might as well try playing in DX10. The last patches they put it through REALLY helped a lot in keeping the framerate similar to DX9 (though it's still slightly lower). It's worth a shot at least.

~Jason