1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crouching and fixing/building

Discussion in 'Bugs / Troubleshooting' started by heron, Dec 1, 2005.

1. heron

heron New Member

Not entirely sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong, so I didn't want to officially report it until we'd talked about it here. I also apologise for the crappy names; I'm tired and I can't remember them all :)

If I'm a Mechanic and want to build/repair a (MG) Turret, I can crouch and do so. It's not a problem. However once finished building and I stand/once the building is complete, I automatically switch to shotgun (I quite often have the pistol in hand as a mechanic).

The REAL problem comes when doing same with the (rocket) turret; I cannot crouch and build/repair. It keeps stopping the process and switching immediately to shotgun.

I can duplicate this 100% if anyone is interested at any point.

2. DA|aBsOlUt

DA|aBsOlUt DA GOD

Crouching probably makes you miss the trace spot of the repair weapon. Try to be closer or aim higher when crouched so the trace hits the object.

3. heron

heron New Member

Thanks, I'll definitely try that; however it seems weird that it ALWAYS happens with the Crusher turrets and not the others.

4. Dest

Dest DA Team

Crushers has larger collision then the DFA turret, and is further from the ground.

5. heron

heron New Member

Aaaah I shall give that a go then, thanks a lot! I'll let you know how I get on, for feedback.

6. heron

heron New Member

Okay, this seems to be fixed since the UT patch, but I don't know why! Honestly, I tried the same as before, but it's working fine. Go figure. :)

7. stephen_wq

stephen_wq AKA The--Grim--Reaper

Mines always worked since i got DA2, which was before the latest patch.
    I always aim for the turret "head" or "stem" when im crouched

8. heron

heron New Member

Okay then, no idea. All I can say is mine didn't work and now it does :)