Crouching and fixing/building

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

heron

Nov 26, 2005
UK
Not entirely sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong, so I didn't want to officially report it until we'd talked about it here. I also apologise for the crappy names; I'm tired and I can't remember them all :)

If I'm a Mechanic and want to build/repair a (MG) Turret, I can crouch and do so. It's not a problem. However once finished building and I stand/once the building is complete, I automatically switch to shotgun (I quite often have the pistol in hand as a mechanic).

The REAL problem comes when doing same with the (rocket) turret; I cannot crouch and build/repair. It keeps stopping the process and switching immediately to shotgun.

I can duplicate this 100% if anyone is interested at any point.

heron

Nov 26, 2005
UK
Thanks, I'll definitely try that; however it seems weird that it ALWAYS happens with the Crusher turrets and not the others.

heron

Nov 26, 2005
UK
Aaaah I shall give that a go then, thanks a lot! I'll let you know how I get on, for feedback.

heron

Nov 26, 2005
UK
Okay, this seems to be fixed since the UT patch, but I don't know why! Honestly, I tried the same as before, but it's working fine. Go figure. :)

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Mines always worked since i got DA2, which was before the latest patch.
I always aim for the turret "head" or "stem" when im crouched

heron

Nov 26, 2005
UK
stephen_wq said:
Mines always worked since i got DA2, which was before the latest patch.
I always aim for the turret "head" or "stem" when im crouched
Okay then, no idea. All I can say is mine didn't work and now it does :)