1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

critical error

Discussion in 'Bugs/Troubleshooting' started by zzzzlugg, Jun 27, 2004.

1. zzzzlugg

zzzzlugg New Member

every time i try to load the map for clone bandits it shuts down UT and says i have a critical error with this as the message:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1802 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (3082)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (HotRod CLN-DeathValley.HotRod, Function Clones.HotRod.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (HotRod) <- UObject::processEvent <- (HotRodFactory CLN-DeathValley.HotRodFactory1, Function Clones.ClonesVehicleFactory.PostNetBeginPlay) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Death Valley <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

can anyone help me sort it out?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  2. Al[Demiurge]

Al[Demiurge] New Member

Do you have the latest patch installed?

3. Winky Boy

Winky Boy Guest

I've received the same error, and as far as I can tell from your download area, there's only one thing to download (two versions; I used the zip file).

Although it's not a LOT of help, I used the UMOD file at work, and it did run, but once I started a map and jumped down off the first ledge, something went REALLY WRONG with the display, and it locked my system up.

4. Al[Demiurge]

Al[Demiurge] New Member

I was referring to the latest patch for ut. The UMOD version verifies that you have the proper version, while the zip version doesn't.

Swing by unrealtournament.com and make sure you're up to date.