1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Critical Error Message

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by DUGGA, Apr 11, 2008.

1. DUGGA

DUGGA New Member

Hello World.. Sorry I Cant Give You All Of My Specifics 'Cause I Dont Know How To Get Them. I May Not Computer Savvy Enough To Be Able To Tell You Certain Things. Im Trying To Run UT2K4 On Windows XP(I Hope That Helps)

My Problem Is That When I Try To Run UT, It Shows Me This 'Critical Error'. Any Ideas On What I Should Do? I Downloaded The "ECE Bonus Pack" & "3369" From This Site. Installed Them, And With The Play Disc Inserted, It Argues With Me.
    This Is The Message.
    UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2002 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: No Video

Assertion failed: sizeof(*this)==GetClass()->GetPropertiesSize() [File:.\UnGame.cpp] [Line: 148]

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I Tried Resetting The PC. Didnt Work. Not Sure If I Should Re-Install The Game. Trying Not To Though.

2. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Looks like you will have to reinstall. I know it's a pain in the ass, but that might be your best bet in this case.

Uninstall UT2004, delete the files in the C:/ that has anything to do with UT2004.

Reinstall the game. Try to play it before you apply the patch or anything else.

Apply the patch first THEN the ECE bonus pack. Then try to play the game.

I would maybe try to play the game after the update aswell. so in short:

Uninstall.

Reinstall, play game

install patch, play game

install ECE bonus pack, play game

????

Profit!

3. DUGGA

DUGGA New Member

Thanks A Lot Jackal. I Will Follow Up On Monday, I'm Not At Home This Weekend.

4. DUGGA

DUGGA New Member

Sorry About The Delay. I Was On Punishment This Week. :(

I Installed UT2004, Gonna Paly Around On It For A Few, Then Install The Patch First, Then The ECE.

5. B

B Bee

You should also get a new keyboard, the one you use now gives every single word in your sentences a capital letter. Fix it! :p

6. DUGGA

DUGGA New Member

lol, I do that manually. Is it against the rules, or just annoying?

7. DUGGA

DUGGA New Member

Okay, so I installed the patch, and it worked. The problem is that I can't seem to join any games. It tells me 'Press Fire To Begin' & when I press fire, nothing comes back. What is the problem? I configured the controls to have fire set to 'right mouse', and alt-fire set to 'left mouse'.

It did the same thing before I installed the patch. What should I do?