critical error! can't load the game..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

com3

Nov 23, 2004
after installing, and trying to play, UT crashes, and gives me this error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2403 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (Toshiba) (3648)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (UWGameBigAir UWBA-Avalanche.UWGameBigAir, Function UnWheel.UWGame.InitGame) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Avalanche run <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

i was using the DVD version, with no patch installed... i'm d/ling the 3323 patch right now. i'll see if it works after installing...

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Last edited:

com3

Nov 23, 2004
no time for readme's... :) yeah, as i mentioned, i was already d/ling the patch...and yeah, it worked. :)

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
With all of these new people starting to play again,.... someone really might wanna fix that server code on the front page!

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
$n][pErMan said:
With all of these new people starting to play again,.... someone really might wanna fix that server code on the front page!
And give us a date for the new version that I thought was going to be ready on the 3rd......:rolleyes: :D ;)

love ya' Shrimp........:D

Last edited: