1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crimsonland Mod

Discussion in 'Concept Discussion Board' started by Postal, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

I sometimes think Crimsonland would make a good idea for a mod, what do you guys think?

2. Donator

Donator New Member

Search for a mod called "Proelium". I haven't actually tried it, but I remember having seen screenshots with a top down perspective and a lot of mayhem going on, which about sums up the idea of crimsonland :lol:

3. Postal

I tried an early beta, and it seemed allright, but I was thinking about the whole slaying monsters/perks stuff, not necessarly the top down.

4. EvilDrWong

EvilDrWong Every line of code elevates you

So something like UTRPG without the tedium of stat management? I dont plan on doing any coding until 2k4 comes out, but once it does consider it in progress :)

5. Postal

Doc why dont you finish the stuff youre working on first?

6. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

sounds similar to the Caedes project Kang and I had talked about, though we were going down a more Diablo/PSO route.

7. Postal

Tell me more.

8. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

basically we wanted to combine Diablo style RPG rules with an Invasion/Campaign setup on Onslaught maps. Unless Kang runs with it it's probably on hiatus until DFO is playable.