1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

creating words in UT2K3

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by gwace2680, May 20, 2004.

1. gwace2680

gwace2680 New Member

I am using Unreal Editor for UT2K3 to design an environment for people to navigate through from memory after learning it initially. I would like to be able to have words of objects appear when the person approaches a different object. These words will direct the person to the next object I'd like them to find. How can I set up the game to do this. I only want the words to appear when the person triggers an object (e.g., when the person finds a tree, the word "lamp" will appear to direct them to go to where they think the lamp is). Any ideas on how to do this?

2. combitz

combitz Common sense is not that common

trigger and notes. place a trigger in the area you want to pop the message up. add the note to the map anywhere, edit the note properties of what you want to say and in event trigger the note. see the wiki on triggers
    http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Home_Page

3. chip

chip New Member

where is the text displayed when the Note is triggered? i can't seem to see it anywhere in-game.

btw, Trigger has a Message property -- text that displays when the Trigger is touched.

for big colorful type, you could code up a LocalMessage subclass and use the Trigger to display that. more complicated but more versatile, too.