UE3 - General Creating materials in bulk

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vinny2

Oct 17, 2011
Hope anyone can help me with this: i have several texture files with a suffix:

name_d
name_n
name_s

Being diffuse, normal and specular maps. How can i create UE3 materials in bulk for those maps? It's going to be a pain in the ass to create a material for each one of them.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
No way to do that automatically at the moment, but you can make it easier by importing the all of the diffuse first and checking "RGB To Diffuse". That will create the materials for you and hook up the diffuse, but you'll still have to hook up the others manually.

Another option if all the materials will be set up the same is to set the first one up manually, then duplicate it with right click >> Create A Copy. Then you can more quickly select a texture and right click the Texture Sample in the material and hit Use Current Texture. I'd do it that way.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
You could also create a "Master Material" with lots of parameters and then use material instances. That's what I tend to do since instances open a lot faster than materials on my machine and thus I can edit them more quickly.