1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UDK Creating a Custom Avatars with out Creating a bunch of different Character Models

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Benjamin385, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Benjamin385

Benjamin385 New Member

Ok,

As far as I know UDK is capable of allot!

I am just curious on how to make a Few differerent Character models with out having to create a whole new character model.

For example I make a character with Leather pants

Then i give him Iron Greaves in the Character Customization Screen. Would I need to Create a new character model? or is there a method that i am not thinking of?

Thank you for any reply's :)

2. inferyes

inferyes Spaced In

You would just use model permutations like how Unreal 3 did their custom characters. I don't know much about it but I know it's possible.