UE2 - UT2kX Crappy gun WIP on google sketch up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Working on getting the hang of modleing starting from a block

crappygun1.jpg

How bad is so far for a crappy WIP?

BTW take the .zip off the attachment to load in it in sketchup.

Attachments

• crappy-gun .skp.zip
    75.1 KB · Views: 4

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Not bad. But unless this is the first person model, the detail looks a bit too high.

ya I need to find some time and plunk another 2 more hours into it. Still I didn't think it would turn out so well starting with a 2X10 inch block, sure if you want to not pick its a bit uneven in spots and possibly top heavy but hell its noob fodder I was exspecting far worse LOL.

Its a aotuomag/enforcer style of pistol the clip goes in front, would love to figure out how to import FO3/UT04/UT3 stuff into sketch up. BTW you would know not know of a good way to skin it once I get it done would you?

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
no but I could help you if you need to .

all the blender tutorials suck BTW

never found a good one.

Ggaahhhh they need to implement the whole draw then warp into a 3D object thing skectup uses...gaaaa sketch up is to easy to use ><

How do you move the camera around?

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
first off.

if you look at the top of your sceen in blender. You see that bar at the top. Well, pull that down and you should see loads of different settings.

Look for the 4 buttons near

view rotation.

track ball -------------- turntable (they are arranged like this too.)
Auto perspective-------around selection

Click Turn table and Around selection. (you have to do this every time you start blender.)

If you want to rotate around you selected object. then hole the middle mouse button down.

if you want to pan hold Shift + MMB

if you want to zoom... either the scroll button, or ctrl + MMB.

Last edited:

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
first off.

if you look at the top of your sceen in blender. You see that bar at the top. Well, pull that down and you should see loads of different settings.

Look for the 4 buttons near

view rotation.

track ball -------------- turntable (they are arranged like this too.)
Auto perspective-------around selection

Click Turn table and Around selection. (you have to do this every time you start blender.)

If you want to rotate around you selected object. then hole the middle mouse button down.

if you want to pan hold Shift + MMB

if you want to zoom... either the scroll button, or ctrl + MMB.

Ok I got some of that but where is turn table/around selection ?

Heres a screen cap, lead me oh great one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zippydsmlee/Blender halp/2009-12-14_023.jpg

I can not find it ><

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Ok reset my buttons on my mouse LOL I can turn it around nowz!!! yay!! ><

LOL

Ok I am following this guys tut it seems to go through basics steps to do a little bit of molding, is there anything inherently wrong with it?

Oh and it seems email notification is not working half the time. 0-o

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Can see anything wrong apart that his vertices arnt very neat. But looks good.

Good good I can annoy the video with some basics then come for you when I get part 4 or so done.

I don;t want to ware out any help.....I tend to do that... quickly..... because I am annoying.... without my pillz... :p