1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cpu usage at 100% help

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by [OF]candyman, Nov 29, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [OF]candyman

[OF]candyman New Member

I do not run a server but while playing ut (on my personal computer my cpu usage is 100% is that normal?? I am playing on that machine and had bots in.......
    my system specs are
    k6-2 400
    128 meggs ram
    rage fury 32 megg
    why on earth would my cpu be at 100% the whole time while playing

again this is not a server and the only time i have heard of cpu usage in a game is while someone has a server up and they were not playing on that server

2. [OF]candyman

[OF]candyman New Member

actually it was a server and my boy joined in after about 3 minutes....I guess I forgot that I started it up that way but it was not on the internet

3. OllieGDT

OllieGDT New Member

The fact that you are running a server whether on the Internet or not will most likely slow down the game, but I really don't think it would make your CPU usage rise like that. Make sure you do not having any other programs running in the background that may use CPU bandwidth. Also, what OS are you using. I have heard that Linux does the best for running a server. Hopefully some of the guys with more experience will jump in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.