Couple of thoughts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cribban

Aug 14, 2004
Well it's been awhile since I posted here, but here goes :)

1: What will happen to the heavy MG's u introduced in DA1? I saw that u made a heavy MG witch u can cary and deploy. But how will that work since I cant really see a bipod or a place to have a tripod on it, same thing with the sniper rifle.

2: Will u even up the gameplay by making the sniper, grenade launcher along with the rocket launcher more inacurete? since when players had thoose in DA1 (exept for the rocket launcher) they chould really ruin ur fragging frenzy.

Well thats about it, enlighten me. :D

Last edited:

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
2) Snipers have already been tweaked. Headshots will give you instant kill while at most you will need 3 shots to kill someone. Rocket laucnher is still on the drawing board about how it will play. No grenade launcher (we do have a model though).

1) The current mgun plans have been set back as of now we are satisfied with the automatic turrets. We will of course re-think about it and decide. A second type of automatic turret will be included but we are not aware of the kind, rocket? gauss? Cannon?

Thats it feel free to ask more.

Cribban

Aug 14, 2004
thnx for the quick reply m8 :) 2: somekinda rocket/cannon combined with eachother whould be nice but computer controlled and not controled by the player.

what about vehicles? Tanks and/or gunships whould really ruin the gameplay. But I saw u made a dropship, will it be operated by a player who can transport people to the frontlines for some nice reininforcements or AI controlled?

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Dropship was only for a mater of doing certain map scenes and not really gameplay oriented.

As for vehicles in general they will definitely show up in DA2 I can assure you that but not in Beta 1.

Cribban

Aug 14, 2004
DA|aBsOlUt said:
Dropship was only for a mater of doing certain map scenes and not really gameplay oriented.

As for vehicles in general they will definitely show up in DA2 I can assure you that but not in Beta 1.

sounds good :)

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
As for deployable machine guns. Yes I hope to see these back in DA2 soon. And for vehicles, we plan to introduce vehicles later on in some of the more open plan maps to come. Thanks for your thoughts! :)

Cribban

Aug 14, 2004
got another 1 ;)

how about flashbangs? whould be nice to make the attackers blind for a couple of seconds allowing u to, 1: retreat at low health with no medic availble or close to your location, 2: throw one and run to a much safer location and attack them from there. (CS inspired? dunno I dont play it :eek: )

Cribban

Aug 14, 2004
I really think that UT 2003-2004 messed up the feeling of beeing a sniper compared to the first UT

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
yeah, as you cant hide to snipe... The assualt sniper rifle they added in UT04 has a long delay and comes with a tracer.

Flashbags...

The greande launcher we got could have a series of ammo types one of them being a type of flashbang.

Last edited:

Eizo

DA Veteran Fan since 2000
Jun 26, 2004
Southampton, UK
www.larsenserver.co.uk
DUDE! You should make the dropship pilotable! How awesome would that be! A Huge map and your mission is to take on a fort. You have a pilot, mgunner and rocketer in the gunship and can hold 5 people. That would totally rock! You could even make little drones or low-poly fighter jets to defend the thought and everything.

Damn I got excited on my rambling!