1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Could a few of you look at this before I release it?

Discussion in 'Play Testing' started by Chrysaor, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

http://www.chrysaor.org/acamv11beta.zip

here's a pic of the new skybox
    [​IMG]

I just changed some of the lighting and the skybox, some bsp issues should be resolved and the cloud zones were deleted because of an odd spectator error they caused.

2. faderide

faderide Far beyond driven

Downloading.....
    I'll give some feedback tomorrow-must sleep now.
    Skybox ownZ!

3. Horton'sWho

Horton'sWho www.unrealplayground.com

Looks sweet Chry-- and thanks for fixing the cloud-zone issue. Spectating pawns stealing the flag then losing it for good REALLY slow down the game. :p

Seriously, thanks for removing the bug.

hort

4. AMmayhem

AMmayhem Mayhem is everywhere

Downloading now, not sure when I'll post my thoughts though, hopefully within a few days. Screenie looks good.

5. Chrysaor

As far as suggestions, I'd really appreciate it if you'd find errors with bots and BSP, and comment on the new lighting. I'm not going to change the mediocre architecture, I don't have time to do an overhaul, and it's against my better judgment :)

Personally, I think the skybox is the best I've seen, and I'm not afraid to say it. I think the clouds could show lighting better, but I can't worry about that.

6. faderide

faderide Far beyond driven

Outside the redbase-the torchholders are floating and need to be lowered.
    Noticed the inner chambers have been lit up a bit. I like it this way, and the darker previous vesion. Unsure about which to go with...like em both equally-I persoanlly like maps with this type theme darker lit, but the majority would probably prefer the newer lighting...I guess for gameplay?
    Skybox doesnt need any work. Gameplay seems good.
    I'd fix the geometry thing, decide on lighting, and release final version. Great job.;)

7. Freakish

Freakish Speed Addict

Looks good! The new skybox is nice (but I'm easily impressed..:p).

I checked and the spectator bug is totally gone..tight. Right outside of the left exit from red base (if you're leaving red base and you take the leftmost exit) is a small hill you can walk up(to the left); but there's some invisible sheet that stops you about halfway up. You can translocate above the sheet and walk down, but can't walk up. Just a minor issue really.

Other than that...I'd say release it!

8. Hourences

Hourences New Member

the skybox is to pink for me, and there is something wrong with the colours in combination with the mountain texture, search other colours imo

and pheer this too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    you got that on other places too, i can translocate trough your rocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

texture choices could be better, but its such an old pack and stuff, hard to get decent light on it, and its to friggin dark, with too many ''i forgot to add light'' places

9. Chrysaor

haha, glad you think it's so leet Hour, thx for feedback :)

10. Freakish

Freakish Speed Addict

That camping spot? Nobody camps there...ever. It's been running at the playground and those rungs above the spawn area pretty much go unnoticed. So..no worries there. :) Even if people *do* notice them, there's not much to camp..you don't have a very good line of sight into either of the 2 nearby entrances. If you're in the enemy base I suppose you could do some spawn-sniping, but people will take you out quickly.

11. Hourences

Hourences New Member

its unleet that you can walk out of the map against this invisble wall wich you cal the skybox wall, everything has to be correct, the finest details too, and the roof reaches multiple rooms, so its a shortcut too, you can translocate over it to the next room without that the enwemy sees you and i dont think that was the intention, and you should know where some people camp, the most insane places, doesnt needs to be a good sniping place, you can camp with everything, you can even camp so you can translocate people to dead, and in cases like that you need small places and ****
    simply said, its ghey if i can get on the roof

12. Chrysaor

Well the cloud zones used to keep ppl out of that situation, but now I've got an ICH blocking players, it's flush with the last real brush, so you can't see far out.

13. Freakish

Freakish Speed Addict

Yeah I know what you mean about getting 'out' of the map. Sorry..I didn't explore enough; I didn't think players could get on the roof and such. I *do* think the wooden rungs should be fair game and the roof not.

14. AMmayhem

Well, I only made a quick run, (5 flag captures), but I thought it was great. It's been hard to find a good map with an ancient theme. It is dark, but it fits the map very well. My only suggestion on the lighting is maybe try changing the lighting effects for the torches and flames to torch or fire waver. It might be too much though, but it's a thought. Otherwise I like it.

15. Chrysaor

I looked at the rock texture more carefully, lots of orange, you were right Hour, I adjusted the sky color, tho I saved the pinkish sky for another project.
    the pic at the top should now be the new sky...

Here's the map, I'll put it here today and if no one finds anything major wrong besides the BSP hole I've never found a way to fix, then I'll release the update. Yes I realize the architecture is still a cubic but this isn't a version 2 (which I'll never do) it's an update :p

http://www.chrysaor.org/CTF-ACAMv11.zip

16. Freakish

Freakish Speed Addict

i'm happy.:D

17. Chrysaor

That's Good :)

18. AMmayhem

19. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

argh.. I jsut see an updated version.. anyway here are my thoughts of the old one..

-too dark, especialy where you grab the shieldtbelt.. its a punishment for not having enough light... this should be a one timer tho...

-nice ancient theme(I am working on one atm too..also ctf)

-good botplay

overall it'S ok but you should get rid of that hom that hour mentioned(I also ran into it) and lighten the map more up... jsut a "TAD"