Cought a cheater today, Dec1 2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
I was playing DM on Ratman's Server, some of you might now it. Say 2 BUFers there too. :D...

Anyways, this guy, used some type of aimbot, he was way too perfect, with every shot. Look at the demos.

If you dont know how to run them, do this. Unzip to your Demos folder, under your UT2004 Directory, make sure you dont overwrite your old demos, if you have demos with the same filenames as in the zip.

Then, in the console, in the game, type demoplay 1st 1st is the filename of one of the demos in the zip. If you dont click on anything, you get to view the first person view of the cheater. Also, if someone knows how to change views, let me know, I don't remember how.

I might make a divx version, soon, maybe.

Download Here

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
okay?

Christ, I thought we were over this whole "OMG A CHEATER!!!!" stuff.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
haha! some dumb noob is cheating with hand_solo's name. Trying to ruin his rep. Hand_solo probably handed his ass to him so he has a grudge. Hand_solo.psk, the real one doesn't cheat. Ratman's is my fav DM server btw.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
If he had a lower ping I wouldn't suspect him of cheating, but with a ping of 88? But I mainly suspect the person is a cheating noob because of the his bouncing up and down like a bunny. But that type of aiming is possible with low ping or on LAN. It is a good experience to play someone with that much skill or downloaded skill, because it makes me play to the fullest of capability. Once in TDM someone with good ping I was spectating was making those same shots and everyone was shouting hax including myself, but when I joined I realized if I didn't act to predictable he couldn't shoot me and plus I was shooting him with 100% accuracy. He killed me more times than I killed him but still I realized that he wasn't cheating but was just playing to a higher level. But in this case I think the player is cheating because of his ping and also he is stealing someones name.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Not to mention he's been playing 1.5 hours and has seven Wicked Sicks, 400 shock primary kills, no shock secondary kills, etc., etc. Cheater.

Those demos need AntiTCC to play them. :tdown::mad:

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
The demo server are really prone to attacks and unfortunately anti TCC has been beaten... so not much use.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
No, he means antiTCC118b is a required package for play back. I couldn't get them to play back. Even after finding the older version of antitcc118b, they started to load, and dropped me back at the screen I tried to play it from.

What I don't understand, is if you recorded these recently, why do they require 118b? ratmans has been running final for a while...

Not that you can't tell he cheats from his stats. Even aside the wicked sicks, he has more AR7 kills then Flak kills, and less then 10 kills between goo and rockets. No SG kills? that is rediculous. If I were to use a bot, I'd whore that thing. It would be way too much fun in crowded DM. It's so aim sensitive now compared to the IH, you practically need a bot to do good with it.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
briachiae said:
haha! some dumb noob is cheating with hand_solo's name.

Hmmm....something fishy here.....let's see.....

...Hand_Solo...
...Hand...
...Han...
...Hanover...

OMG Hanover_Fist! Stop cheating!!!!!! :mad:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Here we go with another Witch Hunt...

Honestly, who the f cares...

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
yeah........cheaters suck......

WHY would someone deliberately make him/herself look like a cheater? You're not supposed to give it away, use common sense.....

I must admit though, that video was kind of funny, the way the guy cheated.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Even though I don't play online much at all outside of FragBU, I still don't think we should just let cheaters go on their merry way. It's one thing to cheat offline where your actions affect no one else, but online, I think it shouldn't be tolerated, and they should be banned.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Turns2Ashes said:
Even though I don't play online much at all outside of FragBU, I still don't think we should just let cheaters go on their merry way. It's one thing to cheat offline where your actions affect no one else, but online, I think it shouldn't be tolerated, and they should be banned.
Getting them banned is one thing, going to your favorite forums to rant and "prove" that they are cheating is another.

What do we care? We can't really do anything to change the fact that he is cheating. If this had been watch this idiot or something and had nothing to do with the accusation it would have been better.

Basically this forum isn't here to start a million and a half posts that say "I saw so-and-so cheating" "watching this cheater demo" "i found a cheater and here is all his information" etc. This forum is for the community aspect, not the Salem Witch Hunt 2k4.