1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UT3 Corrupt package

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by guitarxe, Aug 17, 2011.

1. guitarxe

guitarxe New Member

I finished the map I was working on, and when publishing I clicked to save packages, and I think it must have had altered one of the editor packages and they got saved and now my editor crashes any time I open a map with those packages involved. I think I've narrowed it down to one package, which is NEC_BASE.

I'm wondering if there's any way to restore the package file to original save a reinstall of the whole game?

2. Odedge

Odedge Keeper of Tutorials

I don't think you can change a stock .upk file. You can sometimes save a copy and that can cause issue. If that happens, you can check your "My Documents" for a duplicate and stock package. If you find it, move it to the desktop.

If you actually corrupted a stock file, you will have to replace it.

3. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

If you run UT3 setup from the DVD and tell it to not uninstall, it'll actually restore missing files. You may need to repatch with v2.1 (patch 5) afterwards, depending of the files.

4. guitarxe

guitarxe New Member

Thanks Wormbo, but I have the game from steam.

And Odedge, you were right. I did end up having a package saved in the Unpublished folder in my documents. Deleting that solved the crashing. Thanks a lot, you saved me a bid download, and a big headache, too!

5. Odedge

Odedge Keeper of Tutorials

Glad you fixed the issue.

Sometimes when you "duplicate" or try to change stock files, it will ask you to save the package. You should obviously say no to this.

If you are using your own external packages (which isn't the best option compared to saving them directly into the map file), then you need to save these.

I believe Steam has the ability to restore missing (maybe corrupt) files. FYI