1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cool New Idea For Mod

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by Killing_U, Jul 3, 2003.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. fug No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Killing_U

Killing_U New Member

this is an idea for a gametype for any mod or standalone thingy.
    Manhunt==i was thinking of 2 teams, each having a player (a 'bee') on their team who the opposite team has to kill...the bee would be just as any other player... he would have regular weaponry and health...the team could decide on defending and camping their own base and protecting their bee or seeking and destroying the other bee...you might be wondering about the happening of if a team rushes and the defenders die, do they respawn to be killed again or to kill the opposite team?.. well it is possible to make it a round thing where you wait for the bee to die but i feel that is too counter strikish so i was thinking about making a separate arena that teh killed reg players go into to play deathmatch to keep themselves entertained while the others are attempting at kiling the bees...you might also say, what if two bees are left and they both sit at base like ducks...in this case there might be a chance of having the two best players in the separate deathmatch arena brought back to life after 3 minutes of dm whether theyre on the same team or opposite..,the dm clock would be 3 - 5 min and would begin as sooon as the first person dies and goes in there...if bee is killed, a message pops up 'the blue bee has been hunted down' and new round start just like in BR ;)

Ps. i am not sure if anyone thought of this but i am posting it :rolleyes:
    Ps. i am not skilled in coding so if anyone would like to spend some time on this small project or maybe even turn it into a big one then go right ahead
    Ps. i can do some mapping for it
    Ps. Please post all questions concers or comments here so i can respond and we can get this bitch on the road

i take all copyright laws and if you use this idea without my knowledge i will make sure you will end up in jail :D

2. The Twiggman

The Twiggman Instagib 4 Life

Kind of reminds me of how jailbreak had those mini arenas eh. Kind of a neat idea to put a twist on the everyday hunting mods. But ya thats a neat idea.

One question, why use the word bee? Such an odd name. Should be Zoltan.

3. Killing_U

Killing_U New Member

bee will defenitely be replaced, just came to my head cuz i was after a beer or 5 and a bee was buzzing around pissing me off. lol "the blue zoltan has been hunted down" i cant find a good name for it

thank you for giving me feedback, now if only more people posted replies, that would be great, yeeaah

btw: can anyone code this or knows someone that could code this please let me know, im getting great ideas and i want it to come up as a fun new mod.

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

"captain" or "leader" makes a good name......

5. Shuriken

Shuriken Cordless Pixie

I like Bee actually :)

6. Killing_U

Killing_U New Member

captain sounds really nice i want to do this project for ut ut2003 and maybe even u2 multiplayer

this will only be possible if anyone is nice enough to code it :)

7. Nemephosis

so then "you" won't really be doing it now will you? :p

8. Pxtl

Pxtl Lord of the Files

This idea sounds very similar to False Prophet anyways.

9. Nemephosis

Beat to the punch. pbbbbbbtttttttt. :p

10. DushnoK

DushnoK New Member

11. Nemephosis

It sounds like any hunter/captain mod, of which there's dozens out there. Sorry, it's just not very original.