1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cool mods mutaters and skins

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by sgt lazy crash, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgt lazy crash

sgt lazy crash New Member

i still don't know how to work the skins online the instustions i was give r 2 comfuing i hav cool mutaters from difrent webs that i have saved but not downloaded if u catch me. i am also wondering if u have 2 pay 2 get them and i also would like it if allov u told me about a good mod mutater or skin like i has seen loads of topics about skins that i havent seen on skin city and i would like 2 see them thx

2. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Getting skins to work online is not as easy. AFAIK there must be a certain .u-file written to do that. This problem has been discussed here

There are many different mods available, maybe this thread helps you

For the availability of skins, there are many sites providing them, but SkinCity is definitaly the best of them IMO

3. sgt lazy crash

ok right

u got msn i didnt understnd that one bit ???? sorry

4. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Sorry don`t have msn.

What part exactly is unclear?

Ok, I`ll try again, getting skins working for online play is not as easy, if the skinner/modeller has not included the discussed stuff in the linked topic above, (in most cases) default models will be used or UT2003/4 simply doesn`t startup the server.

In the second part I`ve linked to a thread providing some nice mods with downloadlinks, simply check them out ;)

5. sgt lazy crash

this is were u go wrong????? f the skinner/modeller has not included the discussed stuff in the linked topic above, (in most cases) default models will be used or UT2003/4 simply doesn`t startup the server.

6. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Ok, here`s an example:

Some time ago I made a skinpack
    Someone tried to start a server using this skinpack
    It didn`t work due the files were missing (I didn`t know that they are needed)

Afterwards, klasnic helped me out and wrote that mod-files for me.

If you want to take a look at the files, they have been added to the review.
    They are attached to the the review, such files are needed to get a skin work online AFAIK.

7. sgt lazy crash

ok i don.t know how aasac is??? and also how did he/she make it work

did she mod the flies by the computer and i want 2 get a dragon skin last time i tried 2 gte it 2 work it didnt how do u get 2 be the chritcheter in the 1st place what u said is confusing, sorry .

8. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I am moving this discussion to SkinCity.

Please use the appropriate forum for your discussions, sgt lazy crash. The BeyondUnreal forum is for suggestions, comments, and questions about the site itself. Every forum has a description on the main index to give you an idea of what are the appropriate topics for each.

In order for someone to address your question, I think you may need to clarify what you are asking. Using proper words will go a long way towards that.

I think you are asking how to install skins. Is that correct? Be aware that online, your skin will only be visible to you unless:

1) The server you are on has them installed by default (unlikely)
    2) Someone else has the same skin installed (more likely). In that case, they will see your skin.

If someone does not have the skin you are using, the game will show them a default skin.

9. sgt lazy crash

how the fu*k do u move discusions hal u have msn i need to know somone how has so i can try and figur this out esear

10. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

If you want to start a server providing your dragon skin/model you`ll definitaly have to find someone beeing familiar in writing the ceratin-mod files.

If you want to join a game on a server, I think these files are also needed, so other players can get that skins.
    But some servers force the default models beeing used anyways to hinder players using skins for cheating (for instance the very funny guys making totally invisible skins)

EDIT:
    Nothing to add to Hal`s 2 points

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  11. sgt lazy crash

i got every pit but the last bit sorry so i will have 2 find the persion how made the dragon? ****

12. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

If you kept the readme of the file it should be no prob :)

13. sgt lazy crash

what do u mean???

14. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

In most cases authors of skins/models/maps/etc. include a textfile with some additional information like contacting possibilities if you have questions concerning their work

15. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

If you know the filename of the skin , or the name of the skin ,post it here and I can see , if I have the read-me .

But as MäxX posted , the read-me should be delievered with the skin .

Or are you talking about a model created by Hide ? (Dragon of Metal) .

16. sgt lazy crash

how do u keep the read me and what do i do when i hve a chance to gte the skins. what will the read me do?

17. sgt lazy crash

yes there is quite allot of dragons but do u own skin city or somthing if u do the_trash@hotmail.co.uk and how do i work hte read me~??

18. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Personally I don`t keep the readmes because I remember the author in most cases. I suggest you make a certain folder to keep the readmes if you need them.

The readme does nothing than providing some additional information you might need for usage of the skin/model

19. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

That for example?
    [​IMG]

20. sgt lazy crash

yeah he kicks ass but step by step how do i go him sorry but this is just s confusing???????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.