Cool Desktop Visual Style

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I remember that I`ve seen a cool Desktop-Taskbar of someone here, but I don`t find the post any more.

So does anyone know where to get visual styles with cool icons in the taskbar? In that style you can see above:

This style here is cool, but the menues in WinExplorer and so on, can`t be read good :(

So if anybody could help, I`d appreciate. :)

THX in advance :)

P.S.: This designs seem to work only with Style XP

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Nice pic, MäxX but you're definitely right about the taskbar :eek: and all those icons would drive me mad... You should make a toolbar on the taskbar and throw all them into it - be much more tidy ;)

Sorry I've no idea beyond that :)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
Nice pic, MäxX but you're definitely right about the taskbar :eek: and all those icons would drive me mad... You should make a toolbar on the taskbar and throw all them into it - be much more tidy ;)

Sorry I've no idea beyond that :)

You`re right, but that`s the machine @work. It must be seen from the psychological side, it looks like I work pretty much :lol:

ähm, of course I do *g*

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
I know, MäxX - working through your lunch break shows such dedication :lol:

Finally a human understanding my efforts *rofl*

Kid InFeRnO

Censored By Madd
Dec 25, 2004
Between Four Walls
MaXx you play Guild Wars? thats gonna be my side game cuz its free and fun

btw theres somthin wrong with my modem or sumthin. Every time is start my comp the dates set to July 1st 1997. How do i fix it?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2005
Icons in the taskbar are easy to do.
Put a folder somewhere like My Documents or somewhere you want to leave it, then right click the taskbar and go to Toolbars> New Toolbar. Find the folder and select it and it will show up and probably look pretty darn ugly at first. Right click the taskbar again and unlock it. then pull the new toolbar all the way to the right. Right click on the grab handle and uncheck Show Title and Show Text. Adjust the grab handles until you like where the icons are and don't forget to move the standard toolbar back into place. Then lock the toolbar and you're all set. :)

I know how to make them because I've done "a few" myself :p
taskbar.jpg

PS: The dead links are because my gaming drive started going south not long ago, I'm hoping to get a replacement soon.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
EWWWWWWWWWWW!

Please put them in a different toolbar on the side of the screen perhaps! That is hideous!!!

Maxx: you can find some stuff on deviantart.com if you want that don't require StyleXP.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
OMG :eek: how can you ppl work with all that clutter? Make a shortcut to the folder as opposed to the icons and push it to the right ;)

My desktop today to show what I mean

If you click on any of the arrows to the left/right they'll open up a menu with everything in them - that's tidy :)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
EWWWWWWWWW!!!!! You have My Computer and My Documents on the Desktop!!! :p

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
@mc:
now that`s what I call a Taskbar :p I never thought that there is an oppurtunity to make it that way :)

@sb:
thx for the tip, I gonna check this out

@kid:
nope I`m not playing GW, I just loved this Wallpaper ;) The Eyes are sexy :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If you ask me.

My desing is pretty simple. Nothing special , just a wallpaper with no icon on the desktop. A masked bar on the top with mydocuments, mycomputer, FireFox. I guess that i have something in comon with sir bizz :)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Kid InFeRnO said:
How do i change my task bar to red or somthin? Only defaults i got r the blue, green, and silver
It`s Style XP, a Trial-version can be retrieved here

then you can get the other visual styles