UE3 - UT3 Controlling Vehicle Wheels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

falco5

Sep 23, 2008
I’m trying to port UT2004 Code which implemented vehicle control at the joint level using KCar wheel joint speeds, torques and angles. Now that Karma is gone in UT3 I am searching for a way to accomplish the same via the Ageia Physics and Skeletal Meshes.

So far, all that I’ve been able to implement is vehicle motion using the SetInputs method of UTVehicle class. I have investigated using skeletal control objects such as SkelControlWheel and SkelControlSingleBone with no success. Can anyone help me identify the hooks to perform this type of vehicle control?

Realizing this is a gaming community … a little insight on this endeavor: We are using unreal tournament to simulate controller output for mobile robots. A tool for testing a robot controller signal outputs in simulation before testing on the actual robot. More info can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/usarsim

Thanks
-- Joe