Connection trouble

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

broetto

Feb 18, 2005
Hi, i change my connection today from ADSL (75 kbytes/s) to Cable modem (250 kbytes/s) and my ping are the same than before (in French server are a terrible lag~ping 400). I live in South America - Brazil, and the server are in your majority european, but is only this sufficient to cause this problem? (the ping are exactly the same than before, with adsl)
I try change the connection options in game options menu but nothing happen, ping are the same.

If someone know something.
Thanks.

Raptor.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
It might be enough indeed. Connections between Brazil and the rest of the world tend to be pretty bad. When I was in São Paulo in January, I couldn't believe how long it took for packets to reach my server in NA.

How does it look in other games? Did you try to connect to Brazilian servers in vanilla Unreal Tournament? If pings are normal there, then I fear not much can be done.

We have a few Brazilian players. Maybe they can help you out.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Pinging far servers and bandwidth that your ISP sells are different things.
While ping is the time for the packets to reach a computer over the world from/to your house, bandwidth is the quantity of packets your line is able to carry from/to your house to/from your ISP backbone.
You could try a "trace route" and locate where the paquets take most time.
In a cmd prompt, type:

tracert 82.234.161.179

It will ping every routers between the french server and your house.

Last edited:

broetto

Feb 18, 2005
Hi, thanks for reply.

Yes, my ping are normal with local servers in other games too (I reach ping between 30 and 40), so I think that the change from ADSL to Cable don´t made difference due the distance from european servers.
But I play in other servers like Fool and Germany with ping betwenn 200-300, and have fun, so I go continue to play in the same way. Actually there are one American server in Inf that I have only a little lag, I really hope more of this.

Thanks again.

Raptor.