1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Connection Failed... for a practice session?!!?

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by Call me Erdrik, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Call me Erdrik

Call me Erdrik Arch Mage

Ok I uploaded a version of my map to test(befor the old post got scrapped) and the response was a resounding:
    'CONNECTION FAILED!'

I checked it out and aparently the map is attemping to connect to a online game??? I loaded it up and it said
    'opening URL:\\...Blah...Blah..' (it didn't actualy say Blah Blah... )
    then UT minimized and it attemped to connect to the net!!

but its just a map and I was playing a OFFLINE practice session... I looked around in UED, but couldn't find the problem, and I don't remember doing anything to cuase this....

Does ANYONE, know what is wrong?

2. Call me Erdrik

Call me Erdrik Arch Mage

never mind problem solved :p

Problem was in the maps name:
    CTF-MidKeepv1.5.unr

so for anyone out there prone to stupid mindless no brainer mistakes like I am... Don put any '.' s in yo map name.... :p

3. Shin

Shin Ethical Illusionz

So ehm where do i find your map :p

4. Twrecks

Twrecks Spectacularly Lucky

No spaces either

Yea, and no spaces either in your map name or Fuzzbuster will taunt you a second time.

5. Call me Erdrik

Call me Erdrik Arch Mage

Well here is the link :)

I would attach it but it is about 200K too big :p

CTF-MidKeepv1.zip

Please not that you'll need the SkyWard music track... (im not sure if it comes with UT or not :p )