1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Configuring new computer.

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Hunter91, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Hunter91

Hunter91 New Member

How will this run it. I know very little about computers.

Pentium® D Processor 830 with Dual Core Technology (3GHz, 800FSB)

Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition

256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX

2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 4DIMMs

160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache

Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 48x CD-RW Drive

Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D), w/Dolby® Digital 5.1

Its a customized Dell XPS 400

2. Hunter91

Hunter91 New Member

anyone?

3. Hunter91

Hunter91 New Member

please help me! :crys:

4. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

UMM, yeah the game isn't even that close to being completed. Virtually nothing is known about it other than pure speculation, and illusive information. And as far as I know no one here is psychic. So until BU posts a news bulletin about the specs, can everyone stop asking the same question every couple of days. I'm sure everyone and their father will be posting the specs once they are public, so please for the love of God, stop asking the same question. :hmm:

I mean look at it, the damn horse is dead already. :deadhorse:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  5. Mætlöaff

Mætlöaff New Member

Anyways, those specs are high enough, if those can't play it, then Epic needs to tone things the **** down.

6. Hunter91

Hunter91 New Member

And I have a question about this Dual Core part. Is it 2 1.5 proscessors or 2 3.0 proscessors

7. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

2x3.0 GHz, most likely both are hyperthreaded aswell so you'll probably see 4 CPU slots on your windows taskmanager (though I run AMD so I'm not sure)

Btw, there's way to many "I've baught this computer, how will it run this game?" threads out there. Honestly if it wasn't for the purpose of gloating wouldn't you (you referring to all "can I run it" threads) have asked prior to purchase?

Only bottleneck I see (apart from no PhysX card -- which is yet to be available) is the 256MB of Video Ram. Epic is aparently going to be REAL turds with textures this round so they recommend a Gigabyte of total texture space for ultra-quality rendering (though 512 should do it)... and that's not a very big bottleneck unless you got someone like me making a mod with tons of 2048x2048 textures not giving 2 craps about who's going to whine about low FPS.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  8. stas

stas New Member

With these specs u should run any existing game at max specs and u will have enough for next 2-3 years(not at max specs sure :)).About the 2x3 i really doont know how pentium d works i have a pentium 4 ht and when i go to Control panel>System>Hardware>Device manager>Processors it shows that i have 2 processors...

9. malaymishra123

malaymishra123 New Member

DONT GO INTEL!!!!

GO FOR AMD!!!!!!!

IT WILL BE CHEAPER AND WILL GIVE U A FAAAAAAAAAAAR BETTER PERFORMANCE..... i mean even if it gave teh same performnce, it is cheaper so u shud go for it, but it gives even BETTER performance....

SO BUY AMD DUAL CORE.....u wont regret it...go for any of the high end dual core amd versions...

as far as the graphics card is concerned...if u'v got the cash, then buy 2 -256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX and connect them in SLI...after that even though the specs havnt been released i bet my own cimouter u will b able to run UT 2k4 in PRETTY HIGH if not the highest settings...

again....go for AMD....going for intel for gaming wud b the biggest mistake on your part.

if u wanna see what i mean check out this link:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077.html

u will b astounded by this review...and it is one of the most comprehensive comparisons!!!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  10. malaymishra123

yo dude...i have no idea of what u are saying of a PhysX card?...what is it?...and if u get it what will b the difference?..i mean what does it do?

gimme all the details mate.
    ty

11. flo0tz

flo0tz New Member

God i hate these threads.

12. malaymishra123

then y do u post in them:lol:

13. Hunter91

Hunter91 New Member

It was on Attack of the Show on G4TV. It enhances the physics of a game or something. But yet what is the point of a physics card if a game already has amazing physics. Maybe I'm explaining it wrong but I dont know.

To Phopojijo: Im asking becuase this stuff cost a lot of money and I would be very disappointed if I would have to chuck out 500 dollars for an upgrade once the game comes out. (didnt buy the computer yet)

Heres my current specs if you are wondering....

P4 2.7
    9600XT 256mb
    1 gb of DDr 2700 ram (think its 2700)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  14. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

It smells the AOL kiddie. Full nose.

15. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

lol I smell n00bs

I love the UT2007 subforum, full of people who make about 5-10 posts then die.

Yes it will run the game. who cares what settings. now disapear.

btw the Pentium D 830 doesnt have Hyperthreading on the Extreme Edition has that. So it will only be 2 cores, no matter how you look at it.

16. Ma3a*

Ma3a* Null-Technology

Thats a really nice system u got there, i think you WILL have Ut2007 at high, but make sure 2 upgrade your dual core processor 2 3.2 ^^

17. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

The Ageia PhysX PPU (Physics Processing Unit) doesn't "add better physics", it processes the physics seperately so the CPU doesn't have to calculate them, thus lightening the load on the CPU and allowing it to process other things more quickly, in turn giving you better gaming performance.

Also, don't buy anything yet, if you sole consern is performance in UT2007, just wait until official specs are released and then you'll know exactly what you'll need to buy.

18. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

Exactly. That's why it is so aggravating seeing all these discussions over the same thing.

Many people seem to be wasting their money upgrading now, and then coming to the forums to waist their time on pure speculation on how well it will run UT2007.

It's quite sad if people can't wait another 3-5 months to get a proper upgrade.

It's like the people that spent thousands of dollars for an X-Box 360 that cost around 4-5 hundred, or waited in a line for days to be the first to get it. I think you guys can survive a couple months while waiting for these things, like UT2007 and X-Box 360 to become available.

Besides the longer people wait to upgrade for UT2007, the cheaper the technology will become. Hell you might even get lucky and have a better product become available for you.

That’s why it boggles my mind why you guys continue to have these same discussions over and over again.

19. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

Exactly. There's a whole new line of processors, both Intel and AMD, and other cool gadgets coming out with in the next few months. Anything you buy today to play a game later in the year would be throwing your money away. There is no sense in spending $2,000-3,000 on new hardware that will only be worth $1,500 when the new game is released. Save your pennies, I'm sure Epic will announce final specs of the new game a little before, or at the same time as, the demo release.

20. Ma3a*

Ma3a* Null-Technology

Yeah, like Pentium M processors or Amd's New FX technology,