1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Computer Problems/Upgrades/Info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by «BuA»Lurker_71, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Make choices, don't look back...

Hell hes on vacation I could go over there and be ready to play in 10 minutes. But i'm not gonna do it. Tempting...but no. Although I am leaving for his house in a couple minutes to pick up his dog's ****, talk about a job. LMAO. I'll be around, I just can't play with yas for a while.

2. TAZTG

TAZTG Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference

OK Order has been placed minus the Graphic Card, and I changed Hard Drives to 2-120GB Western Digitals!! Should be here sometime at the end of this week. WooT!!

3. Iceburgs

Iceburgs The Iceman Cometh....

Dammit, TAZ, you didn't wait for me! I wanted to make an order as well, so we could have a nice fun Sunday with putting our new fragboxes together. :)

4. Shattered_Steel

Shattered_Steel Birthed of Destruction

Well, he wasn't prepared to wait until the end of this decade, Ice. On a side note, it appears I have to, however. Oh well. Someday I'll have the money to upgrade (though by the time I do it'll prolly be just as wise to buy a whole new machine).

5. TAZTG

Its OK ICE, we can still have a Build a Box Party.. Order your stuff and lets get to building.. Sounds like FUN!!

6. TAZTG

Upgrades are Close

Jul 9, 2004 8:02 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery BELTSVILLE MD 8:02 am

ICE, get your Gear together its Time!! I will most likely start next week.. Tues., Wed. That should give you time to pick up a 9800. Time to take a day off and play.. Lemme know whats good for ya..

7. TAZTG

GameVe

Well Hell Folks!! Bad Site Warning!!

I decided to upgrade my Fragbox and figured I would save some money and not order from NewEgg. I ordered the following from GameVe on 7/3/04.

MB-ASUS-018 1 ASUS A8V DELUXE K8T800PRO Wi- Fi MOTHERBOARD RETAIL $145.00

MMN-COR-078 1 CORSAIR 1GB (2X512MB) PC3200 XL KIT SERIES MEMORY RETAIL $340.00

HD-WD-020 2 WESTERN DIGITAL 120GB SATA HARD DRIVE OEM $196.00

CPU-AMD64-0004 1 AMD ATHLON 64 3500+ 939PIN OEM $485.00

ACC-SUN-0046 1 BLUE LED ACRYLIC CASE FEET RETAIL $16.99

I received the order today 7/9/04, I didn't order overnite so time wise was OK. The problem arose when I opened the box and reviewed my order.
    1- The RAM has B.O. wrote on it. (Website Clearly Shows In Stock)
    2- The LED Case Feet turned into a 80mm CREAIR Fan!! (Very Cheap Looking Fan) Its not even listed on the WebSite..
    :confused:

Thats only the beginning.. I dialed their 1-800 and got the Phone Answering Run Around for like 30 minutes. Dial 0 for operator, Sorry busy leave a message, Dial 1 for Extensions or dial your parties extension. I tried 10 names and numbers, nobody answered all voice mail.
    I hung up waited a bit and tried again and finally someone picked up the damn phone. I explained to him my situation, and he put me on hold to check on the RAM. Its on Back Order.. I know you freaking Idiot, Why is it on B.O. when your Site states its in Stock and usually ships in 2-3 days??? He couldn't figure that out. I then told him about not receiving the Case Feet and receiving a Fan I didn't order. He told me I had to RMA the FAN!:eek: ***, a 3 dollar fan that I didn't order has to be RMA back to them?? He kept saying I am just trying to help doing my job etc. It still doesn't make sense. How can you RMA something you didn't order?? We will put a shipping label in the box when we send your RAM and CaseFeet. When will that be? Not sure next week sometime.. Talk about some BAD Real BAD Customer Service.. That has to be one of the worst sites to order from , I will not be ordering anything ever again from GameVe just to save a few bucks. Yea the prices where cheaper on a few items but its not worth the grief.. Hell hopefully the Mobo works hate to have to RMA it..

8. «BuA»Meat

«BuA»Meat Silent Assassin

i know the feeling when i bought mine isave 100 $ from where i would normaly buy and have some much problem with mobo and cpu that my 100 $ (can by the way) i spend it on gas returning that **** over and over again :(

want to shoot the bastich :instagib:

9. TAZTG

Phase II Complete.. BigBlue rebuilt with Fragbox gear, I also rewired here some.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working on Phase III now, formatting HD's..

10. Bonecrusher

Heeeeey Tazy poo...do you have any BLUE LED case fans lying around? ;)

My case that im getting only comes with two case fans...the one in the side panel being a blue led...other is a cheap POS.

11. Bad-Target

Bad-Target New Member

Wow Someone could eat in there its so clean. Please tell me you didn't polish it.

12. Bad-Target

Bad-Target New Member

There has to be some preaty girls on staff, for you to love it so much.

13. «BuA»Meat

«BuA»Meat Silent Assassin

well sometimes you have to dust it out because those fans won't work proprely and will heat your puter. I do mine evry now and then.

14. Bonecrusher

Well BT you nailed that one. I told you all before there are always hotties at the grocery store, I just seem to be lucky enough to work at one where some of the hotties WORK there. Hell yes, plus the work isn't too hard, getting a good pay, see lots of people. Very enjoyabe.

15. TAZTG

Sorry no BLUE LED Fans... I have them all in use. Thats why I have plenty of other fans, I replaced them all with Blue LED ones.. LOL

16. Bonecrusher

Ok...I'll just go shopping then. Ima get two or three blue LED fans, blue thumbscrews, and chrome sleeving. Wewt!

17. Bonecrusher

I've got a noob question for you.

Where do the fans plug into directly? And do I have to wait til my puter comes to know if I will need 3 or 4 pin connectors? I have a feeling ima need some extra wiring when I put a fan in the front of the case.

And If I'm gonna buy some sleeving for the fan wires, will 1/4" sleeving be big enough?

18. TAZTG

What you want is a Fan Controller.. Then you can buy 3 Pin Fans. Most fans come as 3 Pin except the real powerful ones like Delta's and Tornado's. CompUSA had some but I don't see them online. PCToys but these from FrozenCPU are what they look like.

[​IMG]

That way you plug your fans into the back of the controllwer and can turn down the noise when needed.

If not Motherboards come with 3-4 3 pin connectors for fans. If you need to use a Molex connector then you can always by a special connector..

19. Bonecrusher

This case is coming with a 3x fan controller. I guess I might have to get another one :rolleyes: Hehe.

20. Bonecrusher

I'm guessing one of those controllers take the place of a 5.25" Drive Bay huh.