Complete Noob Investing Questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Wow. Amazing what one lousy earnings report can do. They actually halted trading because it was released earlier than expected.

qzIwQ.png

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I've been negative on Apple for a while, but I never acted on it. Mostly because it was just moving too fast. However, what strikes me is that it doesn't appear to be just a regular market pullback. They missed earnings twice, and it appears that their sales are declining.

Always go back to your fundamentals case. Determine why it is going down, and don't buy until concrete evidence shows that things have changed. For me I'd have to see earnings that show they stop have a promising future. The thing I'm worried about is that every company that has gotten their market cap that high, has fallen never to return to its heights again. Microsoft is the perfect example. Apple has to prove to me that this isn't what's happening right now.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Maybe this is a ridiculous thought, but can't I just drop like 20k on their stock and then sell when the share price spikes on release day? Or is it not that simple (I'm sure it's not, or everyone would do that...)?

I guess it's a good thing I didn't do this. TTWO is actually down on GTA V release day, even after record breaking preorders and perfect reviews.

Also happy that I sold Apple at $505 last week. Got my initial investment back + about $250 with the dividends. It dropped down to $450 in the days following the iphone 5s and 5c reveal. I think people are finally starting to realize that they are releasing the same product every year with minor upgrades. A fingerprint sensor, such innovation! :rolleyes:

I think I'm done messing with stocks at the moment. Too damn unpredictable.

You just have to do tons of research.

I really fucked up and didn't buy Tesla with my tax return money back in March when I wanted too. I did so much research into that company it gave me nightmares. Although they don't plan to pay out dividends (yet), the increase in stock price was what I was going for.

Assuming I bought 100 shares at $35/share, today it's worth $180/share. Huge mistake on my part for doing what I should have done and knew would be a good investment. Oi!

I'm looking into 3D printer companies at the moment, since I missed yet another great stock with Tesla (I think they will keep going up and be a high dollar company, but I can't afford to sell anything to buy stock at this point with them)

Until February, I'm sticking with the 5 stocks that I have for now.