comp advice

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

summonermw2

May 4, 2001
California
Visit site
O.K. when Unreal 2 is finished(ready to sell) I'm going to need a new comp. I have decided on an AMD processor, ether a geforce video card or a radion card(I'm leaning towards a radion), and a new mainboard with DDR ram,(if you think I can fit a AMD athelon on a slot 1 for pentium, I want to know how!!!) so I just wanted a few opinions on my upgrade. I know that I should wait for U2 to ship befor I buy the upgrade, and I will but I wanted to compare the online prices to the prices at the Computer Show and expo.

:flak::flak::flak::flak:

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Of course DDR ram and AMD work together. You just need a DDR motherboard. You might be thinking of Rambus which is different.

You should wait till you are ready to upgrade before you decide what to get. If you are going to wait till unreal2 is out then you arent going to be upgrading anytime soon.

BTW this thread doesn't belong in this forum. Try to post in the correct forum from now on.

summonermw2

May 4, 2001
California
Visit site
Originally posted by Zaphrod
BTW this thread doesn't belong in this forum. Try to post in the correct forum from now on.

sorry about that, I figured that people who "edit" unreal would naturally be more intelligent and better able to anser my question! again sorry!