1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Community patch

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by MozTS, Feb 9, 2006.

1. MozTS

MozTS Us And Them

I've been trying to get my mates into inf, but their are so many things to download, 2.9, the weapon pack, the ballstics tweak, dozens of maps, etc.

Why not organize a whole INF 3.0 community patch where all the muts, packs and maps are put into one file?

2. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

It's a great idea. I think Crowze, or maybe it was Odie, already collected most files and put them on a webpage somewhere. Hopefully someone will see your post and direct you to it, cause I don't remember where it was.

The problem is that there are so many different files floating around, like different texture and sound files with the same names, some will work with one map, but not with another and vice versa.

3. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

yes, but don't call it INF3.0 :) Call it INF 2.9 community package or something.

The problem with such a package is maintaining it up to date with things in developement. Not that easy (and fun).

I'll do what I can to help you put this together.

4. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

i think its a great idea but theires things still beta that IBT and WP1.3 that will hopefully converge into a coherent package so we should wait.

5. Clutch

Clutch New Member

well, you could just zip up all of the weapon files, ibt, weapon enhancement, ect, and make folders for "essential", "extra", and "beta"

6. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Keeping it updated would be a bit of a nightmare, especially now that geo is working towards a much shorter release cycle for the weapon pack. Sounds like a good idea though... if you want any hints on how to make umods, I'm your man :).

7. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

I would prefer a web site like CombatMaps but with more often updates, with a turorial like style that would bring you step by step the full needed files to play on most servers.

I regret that combatMaps didnt update ReportDirection and few muts are missing.

Edit: a web site or simply a post somewhere in this forum...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  8. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

If job dont call me for this afternoon, im up to start a thread with all this, we could stick it in Online forum, this would include links to all files, official files,old & new maps packs,mutators,utdc,the enhanced OGL driver, etc..
    Good idea? How i name it ?
    "Tutorial for online play" ?

edit: me or someone else

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  9. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This thread was a good idea at first, but for some reason it was locked, which makes it pretty much useless now. It could be a good idea to create a new one, which should stay open so that anyone could contribute to update it. Of course the first post should be updated accordingly too, but we'd need someone dedicated enough to do it (like a mod for example).

10. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

It looks most active mod is Crowze :D