1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Coming Soon{tm}, MP5A4

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Bushwack, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Honestly, while I feel Bush overreacted and did escalate things, I don't understand why Demosthanese had to start it off by being a prick. There's a big difference between blunt criticism and just being an *******.

2. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

That was my post. Please tell me where I placed the blame on you, bush.

No, I don't just say "It's lame" "It sucks" I give reasons for my opinion. The bleeding is too fast, and the bandaging is too fast. It's more Gamey than realism. Tell me, why are you dragging that **** into this thread?

Maybe there is a picture posted in this thread by Duke. Idiot.

Shut the fuck up you ignorant bastard. I never said you keep on fighting. I never said you don't bleed. I never said you don't loose counciousness. This is the double talking bull**** that I was reffering to. Flat out lieing and saying things that I never did or said.

Here you go, I'll use small words:

Bleeding should be slower.
    Bandaging should take longer.
    Bandaging should depend on the number of wounds.
    If you are bloodyied up enough to take 1 hit a second or more, you should be disabled.
    Getting shot should suck. Right now, getting shot is just something that happens in game and you shrug it off as you spin 180° and kill the shooter.

Lastly, quit dragging that garbage into this thread. It doesn't need to be here. There are other threads that I'm sure you are aware of where those post should be placed. Hypocrite.

Dr. J I tried being nice when I beta tested. Duke chose not to be. The model and textures you guys make are amazing. I've said as much before. The animations however are suspect, and I brought this up respectfully when I beta tested for you. I was ignored. The entire thing was a joke. I had to beg around for updated betas because you wouldn't give the beta team access to the FTPs. You are now getting in return what Duke gave to me as a beta tester. I even hosted a beta server for you guys and only once was anyone apart from PR on that server. That was more than a bit of a slap in the face. You wasted my time and my computer resources and my internet connection.

3. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

You're telling others to shut up about the bleeding straight after writing half a post debating it? Didn't it occur to you that the screenshot of the sight just slipped his mind, and do you think that warranted you calling him an idiot?

About beta testing... just think about why you aren't beta testing for us any more.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  4. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

Crowze, I know why I'm not beta testing anymore. I never said I didn't. You chose to ignore your beta team. We got pissed and posted. You kicked us out. Simple. Stop trying to act the superior demeaning comments.

I responded to his post where he posted it. quoting across threads is an annoying procedure. He chose to bring it up here.

5. Blitzschlag

Blitzschlag New Member

Uve forgot to mention Lich
    ;)

6. NTKB

NTKB Banned

*grabs his popcorn and crackerjacks* :D

7. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

8. Dr.J

Dr.J advent child.

demo - id just like to announce that neither my life nor the lives of others on the INFMOD team is dedicated to catering to your needs. weve got things to in real life, so if youre wondering why 'we chose to ignore our beta team' its because:

a) if we didnt reply within 3 mins of you guys posting it was declared 'ignoring the beta team'
    b) you guys posted like you are now in our beta testing forums and didnt listen to what we had to say
    c) you werent reporting bugs, but things like how the INF guy should paint his nails.

we take this mutie team as something we do in our LEISURE time - we make **** whenever we want. we might not be the most serious bunch but we all have fun and enjoy being able to make something for a game we like. we dont mind criticism or being told were wrong - i will gladly fix anything that is reported as strange or in need of fixing. but you know that noone in the old beta team reported any of this to us - then you lead the ****ing flaming as soon as we released the pack. good work.

9. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

a) releasing the pack without fixing anything
    b) No. I did my best to be respectful as a beta tester. And I know that people arn't on 24/7 and am not bothered when it takes a few days for a reply. Life happens to all of us.
    c) like the weapon priority bug that still plauges the pack.

At the very least you could have looked for a work around before releasing it, but you
    didn't bother to do anything untill a dozen or so people dropped nades in the spawn.
    The only way to fix it for the UZI and M4 for me was to change my keep bindings and
    write a script to change weapons. The client end shouldn't have to try to solve the
    problems the dev team ignored.

10. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

This is false and you know it. Sorry, your credibility stops here (if you ever had any to start with).

Please, don't make me dig out posts/IM logs/IRC logs... you know I will...

If you had listened at the time, you should have know that we were aware of the issue but did not know how or if it was possible to fix at the moment of the release. The first and only information we had was that this was impossible to fix without modifying ini files manually. As you might have remembered if you were listening at the time, a solution came from beppo _AFTER_ the release of the pack (hence, the bug not being fixed _PRIOR_ to the release). And in the end I'm not even sure beppos' solution would have worked since I got the same priorities problems with the Bonus Pack... but that just an hypothesis that still is unconfirmed.

Again, if you were listening at the moment you should have know that we were actively looking for a workaround (thinking that it could not be fixed) and that we did not have any. We decided not to delay the release further... which was a good thing because a workaround was suggested immediatly after the release by 3rd party. We might have never found the workaround ourself and waited indefinatly for nothing.

All workarounds proposed worked perfectly for anyone except for you. And they do NOT involve binding ****. Maybe you forgot to read the related threads again...

P.S. I was planning on ignoring this conversation, but when someone distorts reality and facts to make a team i'm part of look bad / incompetent / apathic / etc. I can't simply stay back and watch.

11. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

You'd better grab a large one... this is going to last a while since some people decided they had things to Settle. I don't mind him (or other PR members) getting their **** straight with duke or anyone else in a mature manner, but when he starts attacking the whole team or even single members (duke, bushwack) like he does, It cannot be ignored.

I really wondered why you people (Cracwhore, Demo and others) accepted to be beta testers knowing that duke was the lead developper... you guys should have known that you don't get along very well with him and that you cannot stand the way he anwsers (If I had known it, I would have opposed myself to PR's beta testing team status. But know it's clear to me that this feud goes back way before the beta testing issues).

All things considered, NT, grap a small one... I feel that this thread is going to get moderated before anythings gets solved, as usual... and we'll all say "bye bye... cya in the next thread!"

12. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

I do hope that this thread gets "moderated", but an other way as it seems to be usual here.
    Please any mod/admin who reads this, don't close this thread, just split it.
    One the "Coming Soon{tm}, MP5A4"-thread and the other the "Day of Reckoning"-thread.
    Pressing the close button is even easier than pressing the reply-button. :rolleyes:

Mat69

PS.: And if you are a mod without any time when you should ask you the "question of sense" (or how you call it in english).

13. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

I did exagerate a little. The invisible weapons and some of he other things wer fixed, but you just kinda called it quits before everything was finished.
    Priority bug (wouldn't be a bug if it was just the .ini as every new weapon requires the .ini to be modified.)
    Floating hand animation on the UZI and that broken thumb.

Never did get any way to contact the team outside of the forums, so any IM or IRC logs are fabricated.

Those INI fixes don't work on your weapon pack. If they did, it would be a non issue.

I know you were, but that doesn't change the fact that you released the pack before you solved the problem, giving he beta team a bit of a **** you.

I read them. I copied the lines into my .ini. It did not work. Here's what I did to fix it:
    I wrote up this simple script bestweap.cfg
    Code:
    switchweapon 3
    switchweapon 4
    switchweapon 5
    switchweapon 6
    switchweapon 7
    switchweapon 8
    switchweapon 9
    switchweapon 10

Then I bound a key to execute it to switch to my primary weapon. Simple, but it works and has the added bonus of allowing me to switch back and forth between My primary weapon and my side arm, but defaults to the primary weapon if I use the key while holding a grenade or knife. This also eliminates any priority problems for any weapon that comes out in the future. Despite the .ini fixes, If I use the UZI, I still start with the knife in hand. If I use switchbest weapon, while using the M4, it goes to the knife.
    Good for you:)

As to why we accepted the role: we wanted to play with the new goodies, and help to make them work. In the end, it was a bad choice for both parties to accept.

If you have any further comments, start another thread or PM me. This **** doesn't belong here. I'm sorry for loosing my temper, but between what Bush said in this thread and in game, my temper got the best of me.

As a final note: I still think your models and textures generally kick ass. The animations and some of the details however... I still feel that making something that looks cool is more important than realism for you guys.

14. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Guys calm down.

@Demosthanese:
    Even if you´re right, and the other ppl didn´t understood you and exaggerated in flaming you, but even then, if you start to call em around as 'bastards' and 'stupid', you kinda loose your position of beeing uber right, than you are just one of the flamers and nobody cares if you were treaten
    wrong. So better stay cool. Flames cause more flames, and more flames cause more flames and at the end nobody knows/cares how the sh!t started.
    You know it is like with the real war, you wont survive, or you are lucky, and in a forum luck doesn´t exist :D.

15. RedMarlin[MERLIN]

RedMarlin[MERLIN] New Member

Can you post some more shots of your m14 Dr. J =D ha ha i know this is off topic

16. Dr.J

Dr.J advent child.

ok, so i ****ed up the animation for about a total of one second when you add up all the animations that involve the 'floating hand'. when i was working and rendered test renders, i didnt think it looked that bad so i sent it off to duke. i hadnt even heard of the 'bug' until we had the pack released - shows how much of a beta tester you are. **** you.

and the 'broken thumb'? go ahead and flame the INF team for not making hand models with 9999 polygons and wont do weird deformations in any position. face it - low poly models of any kind are bound to screw up in terms of deformation somehow.

17. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

It seems you didn't notice that part. If you wish to continue the discussion, you can do so here, or you may PM me. Like I and others have said. This stuff does not belong here.

18. RedMarlin[MERLIN]

RedMarlin[MERLIN] New Member

What about m14 I still wuv you lol

19. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

First thing:
    Please do not write sweeping statments trying to degrade the efforts of the PR clan while beta testing. There have been exactly ZERO bugs found that we did not report on the beta forums prior to the pack's release.
    Examples:
    Weapon priorities troubles
    Flashlight bug with M4
    Duke nukem sound with Mag7
    Saftey "feature" on M4
    Uneccessarily long switch animation for Uzi
    M4 and M16A4 suppressors being too quiet for the damage they dealt.
    Lots of other misc bugs having to do with weapons disappearing with different combinations of attachments.

^^ ALL of these were brought up by the beta testers prior to the release. Some were fixed, others weren't, and some were more of a question of "taste" (like M4 safety).

Second:
    It is unfortunate that some PR members (ok... two) reacted somewhat harshly towards having their suggestions and posts ignored or discounted. I wish they hadn't said some of the things they did, but.... I can understand some of their frustration with the matter.

I'd like to point out for the record that I think the INF Mod Team did a fantastic job with the pack. The number of players using the new weapons is a testamant to that.

I hope we can try to put these feelings of resentment behind us?

20. mbs357

mbs357 olol

HORY CRAP
    I knew it sounded familiar....