1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Coming Soon{tm}, MP5A4

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Bushwack, Jul 18, 2004.

1. RedMarlin[MERLIN]

RedMarlin[MERLIN] New Member

Damn I want one so bad Im tired of the old mp5

I was also told this was coming out in the Bonus pack which was suppose to come out when? 2 weeks ago? :lol:

2. MP_Duke

MP_Duke Banned

The one in the Bonus pack is an MP5K-PDW, this is an MP5A4 that will come out in the next INFMOD weapon pack.

3. Vahlemon

Vahlemon RRROOOOAAAARRR!!!!

DOH!

.... err, wait...

When will the next Infmod weapon Pack come out? :D

4. Captain Colon

Captain Colon New Member

You could use it as a weight on the front end so you can snipe from across the map on full-auto without even having to worry about recoil!

5. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

As soon as we upgrade the damn time shift device to give our over worked animators, coders and texture artists a 36 hour day instead of the usual 26 they are getting now.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  6. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

Kabloymey! Did you try re-transmografying the atomic phaze transdeucers?

7. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

could you explain to the world what contains this pack :D

8. mbs357

mbs357 olol

Wow, that MP5 looks nice.
    Will it have that nice camo on it when completed?
    I like. =X

9. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  10. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

how do you figure it doesnt look like the right one? they all look the same :rolleyes: just different lengths, and different water proof, and battery life, the reticle is the same as the LE/MILSPEC, the ranging reticle or the less than lethal reticle are the only different ones.
    If your referring to the shroud, its not always used, and i opted to not add more polys by modelling something thats not needed or always used, remember, they have to be low poly for INF, and it helps the lower the polys the less laggy the weapon is to aim.
    When or if they go to another better engine, ill model higher poly models, for UT99, this is about as good as it can get. sure you can smooth here, bevel there, but it adds polys, which = a performance hit on this engine, or it not working at all.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  11. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

From the EOtech site, it does look like the one Bush used on the model is the archery model 520, instead of the regular 550.

Although, if Bush really does use the archery model on his MP5 and it works for him, I don't see why it wouldn't work just fine for the INF soldier.

12. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

Bush, are you blind, illiterate, or just stupid? When did I ever say add more polies? When
    did I say it needs a shroud? I'm talking about the ****ing reticule. Yours has a double ring
    with quadrant tics. That is the archery reticule. The Law Enforcement series has no
    outer ring and on some modles can be either a dot or a dot surrounded by a ring with
    quadrent tics.

13. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Actually, it's called 'UT'. Not 'UT99'.

You must not have gotten Crowze's memo...

14. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Demo, you are out of line. Bush spent a lot of time on this so you could have at least an ounce of patience on this minute detail.

I don't see why an archery sight wouldn't work just fine. If that is what Bush really has on his MP5, then whats the problem??

15. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

Bush oughta know a little bit about the whole subject, I'm sure he has a perfectly valid reason for doing what he did. Talk about ingrateful towards a game that you don't even play.

16. Lt.

Lt. Elitist bastard

wtf dude?

um, Demosthanese...

I must be blind, illiterate, or just stupid as well because i, like everyone else, thought you were complaining about the whole unit and its appearance.

maybe you could have clued us in by saying "reticule", or maybe mention "no outer ring" if that was what you were bitching about. :con:

17. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

I don't care. When Bush starts calling me an idiot, double talking, and calling
    me "an armchair combatant" I tend to loose patience with him. All because I
    said the bleeding system that Duke imposed was unrealistic.

18. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

ok, first off, heres some sandpaper for that huge chip on your shoulder Demo...

Secondly, i DID NOT CODE NOR MAKE THE SITE, Duke, or whomever else is our coder, coded it, and im not blind, nor illiterate, and lastly not stupid, if you had the slightest clue about what the **** you were talking about, youd know that, the sites arent modelled at all, they are the product of a skinner, and a coder, not the modeller, you fukkin n00b.
    Secondly, it is not your opinion about Dukes mutator which i have a problem with, it is the manner in which you choose to state your opinion, making comments like :'this sucks', 'its lame' etc do not exactly preach intelligence in my honest opinion, rather state, plainly, or showing a higher familiarity with literacy, what your problems are with what hes done, would be better understood, from previous experience talking with you, i would expect a much more intelligent well thought out exchange of information, i thought you were smarter than that, but apprently i assumed too much, or was it someone else using your name that i used to have intelligent conversation with over Yahoo?
    All i witnessed last night was your gutter English rendition of your opinion, and considering your age and lack of wisdom on the subject matter in question, my comment stands and will stand, please, by all means let us know after your shot down flying that Kiowa and recieve a Purple Heart, on how well you behaved under fire and wounded, not bandageing your wounds, bleeding everywhere, never losing conciousness, continuing to fight despite a critical wound, how tough you must be, or at least think you might be.
    So, all trolls aside, back to the real issue, when exactly did i double talk you in any of the above posts, not one, its you that seem to lack the literacy to get your gripe across effectively in order for someone to respond to whatever issue you harbor with the above model or its implementation.
    Oh and um, incidentally, how do you have the slightest clue about what the site picture looks like ingame unless you have a leaked beta, since last time i checked, your no longer beta testing anything for our team, last time i looked this was our official beta team:
    benmcl
    {GD}Odie3
    spm1138
    Shan
    mat69

Imagine that, no demosthanese listed, and i just went through this whole thread there is only one picture of the sight unit ingame, all others are multi angle shots of renders, and in the public section of the mod team forums there arent any pictures posted either, so your basing your opinion on a screencap of the first beta.
    I dont Beta test, now that you've said exactly what it is you were attempting to point out, it has one extra ring, which i never paid that much attention to, but you are right, it looks more like the archery reticle, which one ring should be removed, but please, inform the coder, not the modeller, because unless its an iron sight, we modellers didnt make it. Incidentally, there are public forums where you can post your opinions, you should know where they are at, instead you come here hoping to discredit and incite reactions, as well as craptalking anything and everything we have done for the community online, ingame. Last time i checked, the INF Mod Team members were NOT employees if McDonalds, so demanding to "have it your way" and less than constructively criticising basically makes it painfully apparent that we dont want, nor care to listen to anything you have to say.

Oh and thanks for your support, respectfully and on behalf of the entire Inf Mod Team, we appreciate your input, intelligently and factually backed critique, and the ever eloquent way you put forth your obviously superior and intellectually stimulating opinions.

Have a nice day :)

19. Lt.

Lt. Elitist bastard

hope this defuses some of the tempers here... :(

I believe Demo was referring to This screenshot, posted by Duke, and i dont really understand these claims of him "stealing" beta stuff.

but what exactly are you protesting Demosthanese, is it just the presence of the 2nd ring in that screenshot?

20. Dr.J

Dr.J Staying Alive.

er.. i think that demo will come back even more pissed off.

that aside, what the **** is wrong with you :rolleyes: ?! **** man this is what happened last time when we released our first weapons pack. people storm in and tell us 'u r teh n00b ur moddle n skin sux cox becoz it dun match up wif wat i saw on google'. demo, learn some ****ing manners and talk to us in a mature and sensible fashion. if you wanna see something changed, voice your concern in a sensible manner and well tell you our side of the story. then we can weigh up what youve said against what we made our work by and then judge whether its something that needs changing. seriously, coming in here and ****ing slamming us for our work and then expecting us to go 'omg u teh man we inferior beingz will change everyfin accordin ta ya holie word' is something that wont happen.