Combining various textures to one utx?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mac

Jul 25, 2005
New York, USA
I'm not really really good with modding or anything, however I do know my way around the Unreal editor abit. Now the game this speficially applies to is Postal 2. I am trying to make a mod that allows you to play their newest Single Player game ; Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend, online using the game Postal 2 : Share the Pain(MP). Now, I came up with some ideas, and testing them my self, they worked fine. It's relatively simple, the idea I came up with : Take the texture files, static meshes, sounds, animations, and maps, used in AW, and put them into the STP folder, and then host a game. It worked on my PC. (Oh, I also had to add all of the AW .u's into the serverpackages.) Anyway, I have a friend that I wanted to help test with me, and so I made a little installer that took all of the textures, static meshes, sounds, etc, that I THOUGHT were required to play a specific map. However, once he had it and installed it, the map failed to load (started, and went back to main menu). Now obviously I didnt send him something he needed, so I went back into the editor, and went to the textures, and selected "In Use", and found out that there were quite a few more packages that he would need. If I were to include them ALL into an installer, it would probably be something like 300 MB. So (finally), my question is, how, if theres a way, can I select ALL of the textures used in said map, and combine them into one .utx texture file? I thought I had done it, but apparently what I did didnt work. And also, how can I assign ALL of the textures to the new package? Its going to REALLY suck having to replace each texture one by one, I dont even know how to go about replacing textures on static meshes. If by reading this you can think of an easier way to go about this mod I want to make, by all means, TELL ME. Thanks.