1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Colt M1911A1

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Ice, Jun 13, 2003.

1. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

Er... surely they just use the same models with the arm textures changed?

I think the important thing for Inf is categories of weapons rather than lots of weapons for the sake of lots of weapons.

I'd say each weapon should fill a particular niche.

So long as we have one or two commonly used, customizable weapons (preferably with Russian equivalents where possible) in each category I am happy.

I can't really see the point in spending time making a billion and one near identical weapons.

The only exception to this is the L85A2 which we obviously NEED despite it's similarities to the ARs already on offer :D

2. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Screw that (as nice as the L85A2 is) we need a FN FAL and AKM! :D

3. Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ You're all gay and stupid.

If you guys get the L85, FAL, and AKM, I better be seeing my G3A3.

4. SaraP

SaraP New Member

And the Walther P99 and the Heckler & Koch MP7-PDW and the Sites SpA Spectre and the Springfield Armory M1A and the Dakota Arms T-76 Longbow and the FN BRG-15 and the Microgun and the Minigun and drivable Humvees and Bradleys and ZSU-23-4 Shilkas and BMP-3s and Leopard 2s and flyable Mi-24 Hinds and RAH-66 Comanches and A-10 Warthogs and Su-37 Terminators...

...I think it's pretty clear why the team doesn't take weapons suggestions.

5. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

You just made my day, Sarap :D

Guys, in case any of you missed it, 2.9 has a mutator that enables the old 8-ball launcher into inf, with free aim and no crosshair. While it has little use ingame, the point is to show that adding weapons to inf is possible. In short : get to modelling :) I believe that, if one of you can pull a nice-looking weapon ingame, with the same level of detail and accuracy as the team's ones, it would find its way on servers real fast. ;)

6. Specter

Specter Infiltrator

Hooray!

I made a 2000+ polygon model of the Spectre, but unfortunately I lost it when my hard drive crashed and I didn't have a backup. I should start making 3D models again...

7. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

Hey specter, thought about the 1911 for your next project? :D

8. Specter

Specter Infiltrator

Yes, actually I just thought of that.

9. Ice

Ice New Member

Don't do it. He'll have you making every variant of the damn gun ever made.

10. Big_Duke_06

Big_Duke_06 Charlie Don't Surf!

Hehehe. Someone had to say it.

Matthew

Attached Files:

11. Specter

Specter Infiltrator

That is really funny because I just finished watching The Terminator. I also was just trying to decide which variant to make.

12. Big_Duke_06

Hahah. And that's my second Governator picture in this thread, too... Hmm...

Anyway, as far as modeling - with the possible intent of adding the weapon to INF someday - I'd shy away from some of the more "exotic" (for lack of a better word) variants...

Matthew

13. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

Just do the first one Domino suggested as it has the biggest mag cap. 7 rounds is not enough for me to feel comfy with but tha'ts just me.

14. SaraP

SaraP New Member

15. Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ You're all gay and stupid.

If I were to choose a nice 1911 it'd be the MEU1911.

16. Big_Duke_06

Yeah, I second this. Based on the info Domino has provided, it sounds like the best M1911 variant for combat.

Matthew

17. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

If i had to chose a colt 1911, i'd chose any version, scrap it, and pick a russian pistol, for there is none ingame at the moment :)

18. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

The russians are not known for their pistols Max. :D

19. Specter

Specter Infiltrator

I always thought that the Russians had some of the most interesting pistols. They seem to have a lot of pistols designed to defeat body armor, such as the Gyurza, GSh-18, OTs-23, and PSM.

The Gyurza pistol is capable of piercing level 3 armor according to its manufacturer. The PSS is an interesting pistol, since it is an almost completely silent pistol without a silencer. The Russians also have their own underwater pistol, the SPP-1M. There is a Russian 12.3mm revolver called the UDAR that is pretty much a shotgun pistol.
    http://www.rusarm.ru/main.htm
    http://www.shipunov.com/shipunov-e/str/strelk/pistrev.htm

The APS, OTs-23, and OTs-33 look like some neat machine pistols.

It is also interesting to note that there is such a thing as a four barreled hunting shotgun:
    http://www.shipunov.com/shipunov-e/str/hunt/mts40.htm

Last edited: Oct 16, 2003
  20. SaraP

SaraP New Member

The Gyurza is interesting because it's the only armor-piercing pistol that doesn't trade off caliber (and hence, damage against unarmored targets). It fires a unique 9x21mm round consisting of a spitzer steel penetrator dart inside a Teflon-lubricated lead "bucket"; against an armored target, the dart separates on impact and punches through, while against an unarmored target the dart will overpenetrate but the rest of the round acts as an oversized hollowpoint.