Colt M1911A1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I'm continually surprised every time I return to the forums after several months and this topic is still at the top of the NVS thread....

I think the L85 has been suggested before. I don't remember in specific what the problem was, but it seemed to pretty much get the same reaction a standard AUG proposal was. I think the FAMAS is the only bullpup "sanctioned" by the Inf team, or atleast, it's the only one we're going to see in Inf for a long time.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Gnam said:
I think the L85 has been suggested before. I don't remember in specific what the problem was, but it seemed to pretty much get the same reaction a standard AUG proposal was. I think the FAMAS is the only bullpup "sanctioned" by the Inf team, or atleast, it's the only one we're going to see in Inf for a long time.
*cough* P90 ;)

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
LOL, I forgot about the P90... That thing is in a group all it's own. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember a year or two back on the forums someone found some technical data listing its semi auto groupings at 50m like 5 inches or something like that, something about the 5.7 round made it curve after a certain distance. So maybe the accuracy was reduced in 2.9 to reflect that data?

The thing about the P90 is it seems like the bullpup configuration is not there to improve the weapon's power and accuracy over other SMGs, it's more like it's bullpup to prevent the power and accuracy from being any worse. :(

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Ordinarily I wouldn't trust the manufacturer (anyone who knows anything about wound ballistics will laugh at their claims of how "lethal" the SS190 round is because "it tumbles"), but since they're used to provide specifications this bad to the public, it makes you really wonder...

I had to use the Internet Archive since they changed their site to keep rid of it. If you don't believe this, just email them and ask nicely.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010623230811/www.fnmfg.com/lawenf/ss190/ss190.htm

15cm group at 50m in single shot mode...pure crap

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
You know, that's only 164 feet. So those kind of groups still suck at that range. I'd expect that kind of group from a pistol, not a SMG that fires little bullets doing almost Mach3 with a barrel of that length. I think my paintball marker can print groups like that at that range!! :) (well ok, I get those groups at about 130'...but still)

Streaks