1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Colt M1911A1

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Ice, Jun 13, 2003.

1. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Aim for the head, problem solved :p

2. Lonegunman46

Lonegunman46 New Member

Hi

Long time listener, first time caller...lol

I personally have a unique perspective with the 1911 and its clones..

My personal firearm is a Kimber Classic in .45. I have carried this in a variety of holsters and fanny packs daily for the past 8 years. I have attended the GUNSITE Tactical Pistol class and am saving up to go to THUNDER RANCH.

The modern 1911 pistol has steadily evolved into one of the most popular "CARRY" pistols of all time. My gunsafe is currently hosting representatives from Glock, Sig, S&W, Walther, and various rifles. But the only pistol I trust enough to save my butt is my .45.

Sure its not as flashy or cool as a H&K SOCOM but have you ever shot or carried one of those? It is HUGE. The only way to carry one is a tactical thigh holster and those tend to stand out at the local mall or walking down the street. In some South American countries you cant throw at rock in any direction and not hit a 1911 owner....

But I admit that having the SOCOM in game makes more sense than having the DESERT EAGLE. Maybe the Israeli Army uses them but other than that has anyone else heard of ANY military organization using them?? PLUS they are even heavier than the SOCOM.

So I will just have to be patient and wait for a talented modder to make a 1911 model for my favorite game.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents.. Flame away.......

3. SaraP

SaraP New Member

Yay for Kimber, and yay for GunSite!

To be fair, the SOCOM was never designed to be a carry pistol; it was designed as a special-purpose weapon for the special-operations community.

No one uses the DE; the Israelis started the project to investigate the possibility of using a large-caliber high-power handgun as a tank crew PDW instead of the Micro-Uzi, but decided it was impractical and ditched it. Magnum Research decided they could probably sell it as a high-powered hunting pistol and bought the rights to the design.

I don't have any problem with the 1911, and a Kimber Custom CDP-II is in fact quite high on my gun wish list. I just don't see a *point* to having a 1911 in the game, since the disadvantages of the SOCOM (size and bulk) can't really be captured even in the ultra-realistic Infiltration game engine.

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Back to champion the L85

Grrrrrrrrone.........

5. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

This never-ending loop never gets old :D

Seriously, i noticed one thing : only US citizen praise the 1911, while other pistols that get praise get it from different countries.

Coincidence ? ;)

6. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

What is it with merkuns and those extra 2mms?

I suppose they just have to do everything bigger... :rolleyes:

I think what the news that Inf 2.9 will be extra-weapon modable this discussion need not go on.

It's inevitable that someone will release a mutie. We seem to have a couple of 1911 variant owners so they could help out with sounds and stuff. It could turn out pretty good.

7. ThunderChunky

ThunderChunky L337 Cube H@X0®

If I had a digital camera, I'd definitely put up pictures of a 9mm by .45 round. The difference is quite astounding (Although the fact of the matter is I'd rather not be hit by either of them).

However, if you guys REALLY want to get a 1911 ingame, send me a nice one. That Kimber sounds nice. I need it for... a... modelling reference... yeah... that's it.

8. Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ You're all gay and stupid.

In fact, the reason I like the 1911 so much is because of the fact that it's not flashy. It's rugged and simple, and gets the job done well. I'm not a real big fan of the "new" guns which feature alloys, polymers, etc.

9. SaraP

SaraP New Member

On the one hand, the 1911 has a simple, classic elegance to it. On the other hand, features like a polymer frame aren't just eye candy; poly frames are lighter and tougher than metal ones.

10. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

Flashy or not a gun is a gun.

I'd only care if it's

A. more accurate
    B. more reliable
    C. more powerful

other than that building material doesn't matter to me. Except for the AUG. Now that's just an eyesore.

11. Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ You're all gay and stupid.

Come to think of it, I tend to like older guns more. The FN FAL and G3A3 has always had a special place in my heart.

12. SaraP

SaraP New Member

By that standard, every military should be handing out Barrett M82 rifles...after all, they're a lot more accurate and powerful than any assault rifle ever made. Size and ergonomics matter too, and the difference between metal and polymer frames is significant in that department.

13. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

the only thing that makes the 1911 more durable than the SOCOM is that when put under heat, the handle on the 1911 isnt gonna melt :p Plastics vs metal :D

14. MP_Duke

MP_Duke Banned

Phased-plasma 1911 in teh 40W range<---now that's a pistol

15. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

Sorry, SaraP, I meant in the game.

In game, the way it looks doesn't matter that much to me. Not THAT much.

Duke, linkage?

16. Streaks

Streaks Crunchings and munchings!

:lol: Duke..

"Just what ya see here pal"

Streaks - proud owner of a Colt 1911A1 :D

17. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

Good for you Streaks... keep the 1911 alive! :tup:

18. Streaks

God made man...

..Samuel Colt, made then equal! :D :D

19. SaraP

SaraP New Member

A Kimber 1911 will probably be my third handgun...first and second will be a Walther P99 and a Springfield Armor XD Sub-Compact.

20. Streaks

LOL, ya I'd love a Kimber. Just couldn't afford it at the time. Was all I could do to swing the Colt :)

I use it for target shooting mostly. Bit bulky for personal carry. Though I do use it in the vehicle.

For personal carry I'm probably going to go with either the micro Glock in .357Sig or a little micro gun in either .380 or 9mm (something about the size of the PPK so it fits in one's pocket). :)