Colt M1911A1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
I had to not let domino do it first. Sorry. Its really a **** gun, but I wanted to piss him off. There's probably other suggestion threads in here but bleh.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
You stupid, asinine retard. You've sunk lower than domino did in the first place.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
You've sunk lower than domino did in the first place.
I really don't think thats possible. I am really dreading the next few months in this section. Noobs making suggestions that were debated and killed months ago will be coming back and we can no longer yell at them to use the search button.

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
benmcl said:
I am really dreading the next few months in this section. Noobs making suggestions that were debated and killed months ago will be coming back and we can no longer yell at them to use the search button.

So why not be proactive about it? Instead of bitching and moaning about something that hasn't even happened yet, why not create a thread that has several of the "noob" suggestions in it along with the reasons why they have been shot down? Sticky that **** and refer newcomers to that thread...

Problem solved, no?

Matthew

Jagdtiger

[UMC]Shadow
Jan 13, 2003
Visit site
Big_Duke_06 said:
So why not be proactive about it? Instead of bitching and moaning about something that hasn't even happened yet, why not create a thread that has several of the "noob" suggestions in it along with the reasons why they have been shot down? Sticky that **** and refer newcomers to that thread...

Problem solved, no?

Matthew
*shakes first*
I was going to say the same thing :)

Ranger 223

MS Paint Pimp
May 26, 2002
ice, have you ever fired one? give me logical reasoning other than it's low capacity and short barrell length why it sucks. Give it to me in a PM.

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
What more do you need then? It is outclassed by other guns, and has been made obsolete. Crossbow's aren't ****, are they, but then, why not have one of those in INF? Hrm? It's fine, except for short range and lack of penetrating power.

Oblivion437

Jun 14, 2003
www.ttlg.com
I've fired, and own a 1911. It's a real heavy hitter as handguns go. It utilizes a .45 (which was passed off in the 80's as not being 'accessible' enough to all shooters) round with very high energy, that if you were to hit someone in the Sternum, could add to the casualty reports showing collapsed ribcages and such. It flattens on impact, causing massive wounds, and has such high impulse that someone wearing body armor will be out of air. It should be among the most accurate and powerful weapons, and due to simplicity, superior to the Desert Eagle (which those who own them can say they Jam up quite a bit...)

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
I'll just say this about the M1911 (and I consider myself a huge fan of the weapon)... It was the standard issue sidearm for the US Military for some 70+ years. I don't think it would have held that position if it sucked.

Does that mean it should be in Infiltration? Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I don't care either way, I rarely if ever even bother to equip myself with a pistol...

Matthew

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
As INF is done now at the moment, the 1911 will have NOTHING over the SOCOM. Though it'd be nice to have, it's like having a Type 56(I think this is the AK clone..) and a AK74. The 56 would have no purpose different to that of the AK74. If it were in a different caliber or something (like the difference between an M14 and an M16) than it might have a purpose.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
Mehhh, you know what I mean.. :D

How about this: XM177 and M4a1?

As for bolt action battle rifles.... I'd have to ask why? Anyone with a bolt action rifle without a scope will be severely disadvantaged to a person with a semi automatic rifle of the same caliber.

:wavey:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Ice you great big mamary. :lol:

Listen you lot, n00bs making dumb suggestions would mean we had new players. Lots of n00bs making dumb suggestions would mean we had lots of new players. Neither of these things would be particularly bad for Inf so I'd set the "Whinge" toggle firmly to the off position.