Colt commando

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Ok, i know the team dont realy give a dam about weapon sugestion but i realy think a colt commando should be in the game.
First , it will be a perfect sniper side arm, cous it light, fire fast, and perfect for CQ, witch is the weaknes of the snipers.
i know this gun has a wide use in the israeli army(i saw meany soldiers with it) and in other armys.
well, think about it, and take a look at this tool

Luminuis

Herald of the Newest Dawn
Colt Commando perfect sniper sidearm?

How is a small AR a sidearm?

is the Commando considered a PDW? If so I believe that's a bit odd, as it is nearly the same as the larger M4, of course, it is a good gun, but a sidearm should be a handgun, not a Mini-M4 PDWs are issued to Tank commanders, Fuel Crews in the Air Force, and truck drivers, because those peopel cannot carry large cumbersome ARs, a sniper should always have a partner who has a SMG or a AR of some sort to clear the way and protect the sniper in CQB.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
The Israelis don't actually use their commando's as 'sidearms' per se, but as their main weapon as long as their sniper rifle is not deployed. It's shorter length makes it handy for house clearing to get to a good snipers perch.

Better weapon than the M4 IMO. Personally, I feel the M4 is a pretty pointless weapon. It's barrel is 1.5 inches too short to be optimum length, and if you're going to go any more compact, you might as well go all the way to 11.5 inches.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
The Israeli have experienced problems with their CAR-15 (which they are) because they shortened them to Colt Commando size (or about the same, not sure) and they had problems with accuracy, this short barrel together with this ammunition isn't very accurate......

They selected this weapon because they felt that SMGs were to short ranged and too low penetrative to be efficient in an urban scenario.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
They selected this weapon because they felt that SMGs were to short ranged and too low penetrative to be efficient in an urban scenario

Actually it was because SMG's lacked punch and range OUTSIDE of urban environments, I'm nnot sure but i seemed to have lost the link to the Israeli spec forces page so i can't check.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
The israelis use to slice their CAR-15 barrels down to 1 inches. Which aside from making accuraccy erratic, is below the required length for reliable funtion of the AR-15 action.

With 11.5 inches, you still have good accuraccy to about 250 meters. Plus the fact this IS the minimum length for normal function.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Colt commando!

You know what? so it won't be sniper side but its an ass kicking smg, and **** those mp5( need to remind you that 3!!!! are on the plan?!)
i want to use my colt commando as a CQ weapon, and its much better than m14.
who needs m14 if you have m16?

Btw- what do you think about the new micro Galil?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, C@RN!VORE, the M14(as stated in your post) is a 7.62x51mm battle rifle - I suppose you meant the M4 carbine version of the M16 - of which the M4A2 is planned for INF.

I personally would rather like to see the M4 than the Colt Commando, just because I like it more, but if the team decided to take in the Commando instead I wouldn't mind. To classify the Commando as (heavy) SMG might cause some discussion over here(I remember some similar discussions before) - I personally would agree with that; the Commando and the AKMSU(along with MP53 etc) are for CQB and therefore rather SMGs than ARs(just my opinion).

BTW: That GALIL looks a little bit overloaded with accesoires..

Snakeye :D

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
The Galil Micro isn't a very good weapon, found this on a page about the Israeli Special Forces: "due to a serious flaw in its handguards design the handguards rapidly became hot during firing, to the point that it was impossible to hold the weapon. The overheating problem especially occurred in auto firing mode and in rapid semi auto firing. "

Pleuresaap

Corporal Cock
Apr 18, 2001
up yours
Visit site
Snakeye: actually the M4A1 is planned typo? :)

i think by mp53 you mean HK53 wich is in essence an mp5 chambered for 5.56mm VERY sweet gun indeed.

and my opinion is weapons like HK53, AKMSU and Colt Commando are meant to fill the gap between SMG´s and AR´s. they don´t have the range to be really usefull as an assault rifle and they are just slightly heavier than real pistol caliber SMG´s not to mention the change on over-penetration at short range, for instance shooting a hostage true a terrorist or true a wall. however these Assault-SMG´s as i call them are used by SF when they need one weapon suitable for somewhere between medium and long and also for cqb to some extend.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
I think that...

The team should take out one of the mp5(we have to many and i personaly dont like them) and to place a nice COlt commando.
This weapon is comonly used by the SF, swat, and somethimes a PDW for air or tank crew.

i think this weapon should be in INF

btw-about the micro Galil, the problems that you quoted fixed at the guns:
"New designed the handguards aim to solve the severe overheating problem of the previous version, including a M1913 Picatinny rail on top of the handguards".

ok , dont like the micro galil? check out this butiful TAVOR:

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Gimme GImme Gimme!

oh boy i want that Tavor!

oh , and if you think that this is a duplicate of the styer, you better read the articale in the ISW site.
"As an assault rifle design to replace the M16 family, the TAR is a versatile weapon. It can be fitted with a M203 40 mm grenade launcher, a bipod, various optics, silencer and wide range of other tactical accessories. Moreover, it field strip to only two main parts - the stock and the internal mechanism".

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Actually I meant M4A2. IIRC ShakKen once mentioned we're getting the A2, which is basically a standard M4 carbine. The M4A1 has a flattop receiver and the RIS. But could also be wrong with that.

Yep, I meant the HK53, just getting confused with this HK MP5, HK53, HK G3, HK G11 etc..

I don't think any of the MP5s should be taken out. OK, the Navy and the MP5/40 are quite the same, but then INF without a 9mm MP5 just wouldn't feel right. The PDW fills a totally different role and might be a good sniper backupweapon.

The TAR21 might look good, but it still has technical problems(according to ShakKen or Gryphon or so..).

Snakeye :D

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
What's with all the new bulpups with a 21 in their designations?

Instead of the crappy Steyr AUG how about something that doesn't suck.
The SAR-21

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Last edited:

Pleuresaap

Corporal Cock
Apr 18, 2001
up yours
Visit site
snakeye: I've read shakken's post on that one, he is ofcourse right but that is the type upper reciever. The one we are getting in inf has the m16A2 reciever, there is also a M4 type reciever but we are getting the M16 one. Their are two versions of the M4 itself:
The M4: semi and 3 rd burst
The M4A1: semi and full auto

We are getting the latter in inf. with the upper reciever of the M16A2...you following? it is confusing for sure but i think this is what we're getting