UE3 - UDK collision problem (external mesh)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

decorix

Nov 26, 2009
Hi All,

I have this environment with a groundfloor and some buildings on it, but when I run it in UDK beta 2. In the editor or PC mode I keep fallling down thru the floor. I have created the model in 3ds max I also put in my own collision UCX_ and exported them both!! but nothings seems to work :-( I also used
the standard collision in UDK it self.. but I keep on falling down!!

What can I check?

Thanks
Decor

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
what you do is in the unreal editor is create a BSP shell with the builder brush around your model placed in the world. once you have made a shape with the builder brush, select both the mesh, right click and there is an option to set brush as collision. then you will now see this in the mesh editor when you show collision.

I don't know how to import the collision.

decorix

Nov 26, 2009
Hi Bi()ha2arD,

It worked block all, thanks. When I add player start you get this joystick, but
also sometimes I get this bitmap with BAD size on it with a red cross. What does this mean. I also feel like I'm hanging to high above the ground level. How would I fix this?? I see this small red cross.

If you could explain this, would be really cool!! as feel I made some progress today:)

Thanks again.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
If you get the Bad Size icon it means you moved it too low to the ground or too close to a wall or another object so that the player would spawn inside of that and get telefragged. Just drag it up a bit in the air and away from obstacles until the bad size disappears.

Its np if it's floating a bit, when you click rebuild paths it will be snapped back to the ground.

razorx001

Apr 12, 2011
player start

ok I keep getting a Bad size mark when ever my player start is inside my building level. as soon as it leaves it goes back to the joystick? any ideas?

razorx001

Apr 12, 2011
player start

Ok figured it out, I had a box that I thought was the lightmass but It was acting like an invisible force field.