UE3 - General Coding Gig

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SonnyAngellTeq

Sep 29, 2010
Greetings,

We are looking to outsource a job to implement a 3d object into the unreal engine. It will simply be a human heart in a black space that can be moved via rotation on all axis. This WILL be implemented on a smartBoard or smartTable which is basically a Large touch screen. We need someone with great coding experience in C# and C++. As long as they can do this job and get the object to work in the engine so that it can be manipulated via rotation using a touch screen, that’s great.

This is a paid job. And will be discussed with the designer

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Would you even need C# or C++ for this? I'm assuming Unreal simply sees touchscreen input as a mouse or joystick. I'd be willing to do this, but how would I test it? I don't have a smartBoard or smartTable.

If the hardware works on the assumption that the touches are the mouse cursor, yeah, you might get away with it. If not, you'll need a wrapper or similar to capture and send the input to UDK.