1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX Code not working online?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ROSoldier, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ROSoldier

ROSoldier New Member

Hello guys! I am working on something that is running fine in offline mode, but is buggy/not working properly on a Dedi server. I have no idea if its replication issues or something else.
    If anyone is willing to help please drop me a PM and I will send you the code to take a look.

2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Probably replication.

3. ROSoldier

ROSoldier New Member

Yes this is what I was thinking too. Its some sort of missing variable/function replication from client to server or cross function variable access problem....
    I am trying changing different stuff to see if I can get it working on my own,
    but still if anyone is willing to take a look- send me a PM.

4. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

But you did add it to ServerPackages, right?

5. ROSoldier

ROSoldier New Member

Sure. I continue reading online tutorials on Replication, trying to understand these Roles and stuff seems impossible for me (at least for now). I also found out that functions that are not defined as simulated would execute only on the server and not on client-side so I will be trying this next time I recompile.. To make things easier I read and try to understand working stuff and then I try to make my stuff so that it would work the same way (or at least close as possible)....why try to invent something new if someone else already found a working solution...

6. ROSoldier

ROSoldier New Member

I got a partially working solution quite long time ago so you can close this topic, since its just staining the forum :)