COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Of course, the user score on metacritic means nothing. Rating versions a 0 or a 1 just to be angry at IW/Activision and 'teach them a lesson' is plain dumb.

I'd personally join this bandwagon. But I won't. Because it's dumb yes, however, there's reasons to be upset as customers.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I'd personally join this bandwagon. But I won't. Because it's dumb yes, however, there's reasons to be upset as customers.

There's a difference between being upset as a customer and not buying the product offered as a consequence, or willfully trying to sabotage a product('s accolades) as a means to upset the developer/publisher of said product. How anyone can believe it will get them a return interest that way is beyond me. Your spent money is the best way to reach a developer's or publisher's ear. Be that for them to consider improving the support of the PC platform, or discontinue the limited support.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
In this case, I don't really think Activision or Infinity Ward give a damn about some whining PC gamers because of the piles of console cash they are swimming in.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
There's a difference between being upset as a customer and not buying the product offered as a consequence, or willfully trying to sabotage a product('s accolades) as a means to upset the developer/publisher of said product. How anyone can believe it will get them a return interest that way is beyond me. Your spent money is the best way to reach a developer's or publisher's ear. Be that for them to consider improving the support of the PC platform, or discontinue the limited support.

Yeah I guarantee that half those 0's and 1's are people who have bought the game anyway and just feel like being asses.

I for one will probably enjoy the hell out of it, but I am not paying 60 bucks for something I can complete in 3 hours time.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004

I'm more surprised at the 7 perfect scores the game has already. Honestly it can't be that good can it?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I'm more surprised at the 7 perfect scores the game has already. Honestly it can't be that good can it?

If you pay the reviewers enough money it can be. Look at what happen with GTA4. Gamespot for example originally posted a 9.5/10 then later changed it to a 10/10. Alot of the members caught that fupaw and called gamespot out on it.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Someone deleted my post even though it was purely for the purposes of updating on the latest goings on. D:

azafz.png

The game's been cracked already while legit Steam buyers cannot play because it's locked until the 12th.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Until the 12th? How comes I was watching a live stream of someone playing the Steam version last night then?

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Until the 12th? How comes I was watching a live stream of someone playing the Steam version last night then?

MW2 is fully integrated into Steam, so the Steam version is the same as the retail version, except if you get the retail version, you can actually play it before the people who bought it over Steam.

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
In this case, I don't really think Activision or Infinity Ward give a damn about some whining PC gamers because of the piles of console cash they are swimming in.

This.

PC Gamers are whiny farts who are hard to please (myself included though not as bad as some). Why would they work twice as hard to get half as much?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Either it wasn't the steam version, or it got hacked as well. Bunch of smart youngins out there I tell ya.

It was the multiplayer with lots of players. Fair enough it was legit.

MW2 is fully integrated into Steam, so the Steam version is the same as the retail version, except if you get the retail version, you can actually play it before the people who bought it over Steam.

That's the most frustrating thing of the year. Especially considering they're the "same versions"

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I just played multiplayer for a solid three hours and frankly, I'm not disappointed. I only have a few complaints. One being you can't join friends from your steam friends list, but that will probably be added later with a patch or when it's released on steam two days from now. The other is the lack of text chat in the lobby. You can only communicate through microphone. The rest is just a mix of pros and cons:

-Match making is not as bad as I expected... aka Halobad. So far finding games has always taken <10 seconds, normally putting you into a match that's already started. I like it that way though, gets you straight to the action instead of ending up in a lobby where you just wait more.

-After a match, the lobby has "intermission" which is 60 seconds if I remember correctly. Then, there's a 15 second countdown till the next match is started. During this entire time, you can vote to skip the next map displayed in the rotation.

-Netcode/lag compensation seems more generous than ever.

-So far I've only been put in one or two matches where my ping was definitely too high, and it shouldn't have chosen it. When this happens, you get a lot of the same problems you get with source games: hitboxes sort of lagging or trailing behind you, sometimes allowing you to be shot even though you've already gone around a corner.

-The host transition is only supposed to take, what, 15 seconds according to IW? Either I haven't been in a game in which a host has left or it's actually a seamless transition.

-Guns are indeed "consolized" more than ever, as in everything that isn't a LMG has almost no recoil.

-FAMAS is the new M16. If all the bullets from a single burst hit you, you're dead.

-Most of the maps are fairly refreshing. Pleased to find not a whole lot of asset recycling going on. Some are a little smaller and aren't too much of a maze, while other are pretty large, open and outdoors. I'm lovin' those as I always have. I was thrilled to find out one of the maps is also a remake of Brecourt, which is probably my favorite map from COD2.

-No SLI support. Although the "Dual video cards" option will probably be patched in or it's probably just a small driver update nvidia will come out with.

-No console. Seriously, why would you even do this IW? I hate not being able to bind some of my custom keys, or check my fps. Hopefully it'll just come soon like it did with WaW.

I still want dedicated servers, but I can live with this for now. I'm having a blast raping face as a pub star, which is all I really do anymore anyways.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Did you use the tactical nuke yet? I want to see how quickly someone with decent PC pew-pew skills can get an Apache at 11 kills and then use that to end the game with a nuke.