CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If I get your post right, I can't jump in any PUB right now and do what he did in the videos since he used that so called "pro mod"?

EDIT: By the way, I'm f'ed up with Fraps out of sync recording. Video is fine though. Is there anything else? I'm not interested in Xfire's video capture either.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
If I get your post right, I can't jump in any PUB right now and do what he did in the videos since he used that so called "pro mod"?
Truth.

That mod makes the snipers never sway and scope up really fast, so they become fantastic for quick, one-shot kills.

On the flip side, they automatically unscope and rescope after every shot, so you lose your bead on the enemy a bit, and they can't be fired repeatedly as quickly as vanilla.

Also, you're only allowed one sniper player per side since it's a mod specifically designed for 5v5 S&D.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

KK I HAVE A LOOK
What you want anyway?

I just wanna know what i am doing wrong, maybe it's not my style? run and gun, i dunno anything can help, i'm losing my mind! i wanna be a good player, not someone who needs to stop playing because i'm a laughingstock for actual good players. I don't wanna be elite, just good or really good. I don't wanna be streaky anymore, it's driving me crazy that i start getting depressed...over a game.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ok I just had a look at your Crash game.

First thing, I don't know if people will agree here, but the M4 isn't quite reliable in Normal mode. I'm not really a fan of normal mode (I only play HC for now) so maybe this is biased at some point. But the fact is, you're going to get a rape from any other SMG's for the matter, the M4's really a reliable weapon in HC for it's low recoil and accuracy when aimed.

Since you're likely to use the M4 with hip fire, I'd recomend you play with SMG's, if you're tired with SMG's and want to move Assault, practice the M16. The M16 can deliver much more damage than the M4, however it doesn't quite stand a chance in front of some P90 noober.

What you do wrong is first thing wrong in your gear, you could just play with a P90 and get a better score, just for a matter of weapon balance (Thanks a lot IW). Hell, maybe a G36 would be even more appropriate. also, your 3 nade **** spam? Move to brandolier, I've seen you spam useless grenades, you'd be better at learning when to use them rather than go just random with them, that's just wasted unless you're playing wetwork/shipment with a **** fest of players.

Mar 6, 2004

First thing, I don't know if people will agree here, but the M4 isn't quite reliable in Normal mode. I'm not really a fan of normal mode (I only play HC for now) so maybe this is biased at some point. But the fact is, you're going to get a rape from any other SMG's for the matter, the M4's really a reliable weapon in HC for it's low recoil and accuracy when aimed.

Since you're likely to use the M4 with hip fire, I'd recomend you play with SMG's, if you're tired with SMG's and want to move Assault, practice the M16. The M16 can deliver much more damage than the M4, however it doesn't quite stand a chance in front of some P90 noober.

What you do wrong is first thing wrong in your gear, you could just play with a P90 and get a better score, just for a matter of weapon balance (Thanks a lot IW). Hell, maybe a G36 would be even more appropriate. also, your 3 nade **** spam? Move to brandolier, I've seen you spam useless grenades, you'd be better at learning when to use them rather than go just random with them, that's just wasted unless you're playing wetwork/shipment with a **** fest of players.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, i like the mp5, i normally play with silencer, and long range is almost impossible.

Maybe im learning the wrong way? i'm just pubbing. maybe i need to advance from TDM to HQ/sabotage? i dont play on lame maps like chinatown, shipment, killhouse, sometimes wetwork.

Brandolier
stopping power
steady aim

How is that? or is steady aim useless with the carbine because no recoil? i play HC again. BTW the crash map i did like 5 months ago, i had a problem with my hand and sometimes it stopped and threw my aim off, my aim is much better in the other one i linked which was done recently.

Mar 6, 2004

First map with your loadout i go 15-2, then finish 51-30.:mad: But my m4 is a silencer, and i got the less noise when you run perk with stopping power and brandolier.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
M4 is great for normal mode. Don't listen to Can't Ham. He's a hardcore player. They are provably worse at CoD4 than normal mode guys. :)

But at least his point about grenades is a good one. Spamming them is pointless. Praying for kills via perks (3x Frag, Last Stand, Martyr, Double Tap, etc.) is stupid. Stick to the standards.

Low recoil means the M4 makes it easy to frame the target and land multiple shots. Its high rate of fire means it can do close-range work without a problem. It is a very well-rounded gun that I'd stick as the #2 assault rifle just behind the AK-47.

The M4 is superior in every way to the G36C. It shoots faster and has less recoil while doing the same damage. It's also got better iron sights, but that's not always a concern.

Don't use silencers in normal mode. At least not until you're already good. Introducing a range hit means that almost every mid-range kill takes one more bullet than it would unsilenced (and sometimes two with the MP5 and AK-74u). If you have aim problems, this is a big issue.

Losing the red dot for a silencer also adds extra aiming troubles and delays unless you're very used to the gun's iron sights.

The M16A4 is a very defensive gun. Going up against automatic fire means it is outclassed unless you have a positional or reaction advantage. It is more powerful than the M4, but only in the same sense that the G3 and AK-47 are -- all three do the same damage. That is, with Stopping Power, two bullets up close and three from far away. The M4 is three and four respectively.

M4 + Dot
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

Do it. Spray from the hips when necessary. Spam through walls. And laugh as the M4's low recoil lets you sight people will ridiculous ease.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
^ It's S&D. Part of its gameplay is in early predictability. Unlike TDM where people can come from anywhere at any time (within reason), post-spawn in S&D you only have so many choices on where to go. Rather than catching people off-guard with constant flanking like in TDM, S&D is more about tactics and counter-tactics that get you through the round since everyone spawns in the same locations every time.

Man, every time I see a new CoD4 video it makes me want to make my M40A3 one. I've got a bunch of demos with some good shots therein, but then I think about just how much work it'd be and I get all lazy about it and don't make efforts to get the video going. D:

Ham, you said, "...but the M4 isn't quite reliable in Normal mode." This is about as false as it gets. :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just played on some PUB with the most annoying "faggot" a human can tell. Even to the point of leaving the server entirely.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1826/bigtimefaggotqs3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

What he has is 2 macros where he can constantly change name and spread this ****ing annoying text at a 3 message/sec rate. It's almost impossible to concentrate. I thought the game limited macros spamming. At the same time not only it flood the servers chat and death messages, but it's also harder for a vote kick since he constantly change nickname.

Last edited: