1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cloud Wars

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by AlexanderII, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

no, cloud wars took him 3 months!

2. DavidM

DavidM Designer

hey, look at all the advanced brushwork....nobody can make something like that in less than 3 months!!
    besides, he has life, unlike you nolife twats...so he cannot spent so much time on mapping!

3. Balton

only the no life **** can be after this map...

4. RedFox

RedFox bHateHisCountry=True

5. AlexanderII

AlexanderII Ready to play Duke Nukem?

And indeed, I do have life. And I don't wan to waste it replying to the spam.
    I did the CloudWarDemo in 1 week. Get over it already.

Regards,

AlexanderII

6. RigorMortis

RigorMortis .

holy ****...
    how could i not post... especially after seeing some of our comrades posts on the other threads... oh my god, talk about skill... and people skills too, he is so modest!! if you caught his post on the other thread about BotPathing. appearantly it was "tricky" to get it so the bots wouldnt lunge themselves off the edge off his cliff... you know those darn bots... ALWAYS falling off the edge.

Alex.. do you have a website where you would post some BotPathing tutorials?:Poop:

7. AlexanderII

AlexanderII Ready to play Duke Nukem?

RigorMortis:
    I did not get your point. Are you too, making fun of me?

Regards,

AlexanderII

8. lucifix

lucifix I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(

if davidm, and the others, would get their heads out of their ass and actually HELP the newbs maybe mapping would be better over all? this is the main reason i have 0% respect for david...............alex as far as the map goes im guessing it sucks big time...............

9. RedFox

Me think David learned all about Unreal-Level-Design by himself! Nobody helped him! And you and other have to learn all the stuff by themselves!!! It's my Point of view

10. Hourences

Hourences New Member

yup, and he helps, but what do you want, that we are repeating the same old crap over and over ? gets boring you know, saying everytime you play this map from a noob, you are saying no, its boring, textures suck, use low radius lights, dont do that, ... always the same mistakes, you know how boring it is too repeat that everytime ? you know how much **** it is too get those peopel on icq and stuff evertime asking you too play their map, wich is actually a cube and you dont even know the people, and so on
    if your getting good or decent first, then he and others will help, but not for questions like how do i make a cube, up too you
    we are not getting paid for help, if we would help everyone we would have a full day job

11. DavidM

DavidM Designer

there are 'n00bs' who dont want get helped

look, alex thinks is his map plays kinda perfect....you cant change his mind :p

12. Akuma

Akuma Deacon Massif

thats a ridiculous fucking attitude to have.

as you can see over @ the TO mapping forum I'll answer any question on technical stuff and help out 'newbs' (assuming it's a reasonable level and the guys made the effort to learn the editor first) but I'm less than keen to help some jumped up little prick who thinks their big box with 10000 guns is the best map ever.

why waste time helping someone who clearly doesnt want help? read 'alex's threads and you'll see how he responded to suggestions for improving his map & technical skills. After the 3rd thread of 'I know it all already, you guys are wrong' it's open season on his arrogant ass :p

13. RedFox

Indeed!

14. [Rans0m4eveR]

[Rans0m4eveR] The Tempest

is it just me or am i getting less and less respect for david every day? ugh..

15. Balton

uh uh. thats your problem. If you dont get him than he is too smart for you... or are you just too selfish???

16. jreister

jreister heretic

CanĀ“t get over it

17. cek311

cek311 New Member

DavidM

I never respected that guy. Posting a tutorial and then dissing on mappers because they actually used the tutorial in a map.........it just makes no sense. the guy needs to pull his head out his ass and realize that he was a n00b to and that he should help people out so they can in turn continue the cylce so its easier for people to map

18. RigorMortis

RigorMortis .

damn daveyd00d... you get no respect.

LOL @ Akuma's post...

IMO DavidM is as fed up with the BS as all the other seasoned mappers... this is why it seems like they dont want to help us n00bs... but for gods sake can you blame them... Hourences said it himself, People bugging him all the time to play their maps and ****... these guys were all n00bs at one point, yes, but this was back when Cliffy still cared about UT and kept the community up to date as well... these days are over...

there are plenty of tutorials to read and if people release a map like rich said, a cube and 10000 guns then NOBODY will help him cuz he obviously has no respect for the game or for them.

so dont lose respect for daveyd00d... or any of them... they have ALL been rather nice to me and given me usefull advice for improving my mapping skillz and i know i have alot to learn... (they are all terribly mean in IRC tho... LOL j/k)

so **** off of these guys, and why dont us frikkin n00bs get our heads out of our asses and be thankful these guys even help anyone at all...

my point? if your not getting descent help, then you obviously suck ass too much to bother with, read some tutorials and practice, dont release every piece of crap you subtract in UED and beg for playtesters... (oh.. uh... wait a sec.. thats me... ) nevermind that last part! :D

19. Balton

Re: DavidM

no his point is you take his tutorials as they are. but they were ment to teach you how to use light. in the end its your turn to use your knowledge about lighting in your OWN way! If you lack of creativity than ...well you get it

20. Akuma

Akuma Deacon Massif

I think it's time to take this thread behind the woodshed

ps DavidM is ghey