1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cloud Wars

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by AlexanderII, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Akuma

Akuma Deacon Massif

nope

2. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

Ditto!!

3. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

alex, lets be honest, did you ever expect your map to be "ownage" quality? its a las gen style, duke nukem.

those claiming its "leet" and that you should make a fool out of yourself by applying to 3d realms (whatever) are the sarcastic ones.

djazaus's colourfull analogy's and points pretty much sum it up.

the bored leet possy are ****ing around with you for ****s and giggles.

stop replying.

4. DavidM

DavidM Designer

now stop being jealous of alex!

5. AlexanderII

AlexanderII Ready to play Duke Nukem?

No, I did not expect the demo version to be of any quality. I did not you, guys, to like it. It's a map for those who are having a Duke Nukem nostalgia. I guess this is a wrong forum for that. Whatever, I din't expect most you to understand what I meant. Just let those Who did understand to try this map and say if they like it or not. That's basically my point throughout the threads I've started here.

I'm planning to leave this forum. I've wasted enough time already.

AlexanderII

6. AlexanderII

Correction:

No, I did not expect the demo version to be of any quality. I did not expect you, guys, to like it...

AlexanderII

7. DavidM

DavidM Designer

hey alex, mate, what did 3drealms say about your email? ( i hope you emailed them yet)

8. Djazaus

Djazaus revealed

For christ's sake david, get off his dick. It's pathetic to see piss poor mappers latching on to the talented few, in hopes of getting their own shit noticed...

9. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

this IS the place for it. even if it is just nostalgia.

as i said, you will probably like ctf wolfentein. its in a wolfenstein style even, complete with sprite-pickups.

its david m and his *hillarious* sarcasm that has no place in a civilised bbs.

10. DavidM

DavidM Designer

I was never told that it's a civilized forum!

11. RedFox

RedFox bHateHisCountry=True

12. RedFox

59 posts = about 1 hour!!! you spent on this forum 1 hour and doing nothing!!! 1 hour of mapping could be more useful to you!!!

13. DavidM

DavidM Designer

me suck you is kick ass it? how lady go card on yours?

14. AlexanderII

RealRedFox:
    I'd like to map for Duke Nukem Forever, but it's not out yet. And I agree, I spend too much time here. From now on I'll be spending more time on www.3drealms.com 's forum. It's much more intelligent forum and it has much more people participating.

Regards,

AlexanderII

15. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

HAHAHAH!

DNF is an unreal engine based game. thus you WILL have to learn the Ued. With your will to increase you wont do much... stop braging your **** and get into it and come back when your stuff is impressing us!

16. RedFox

Balton is right! Show to us the real good works! And stop talking about this <censored> map (DM-Cloud... or something)!!! :)

17. DavidM

DavidM Designer

your jealousness pisses me off!
    you are just jealous because he is a n00b like you 2, but he is already much more skilled, compared to you!!

18. AlexanderII

The fact that Duke Nukem Forever once bought the Unreal engine a while ago does not mean that it's still stayed the same. I heard they changed it very much. And that'd be a disappointment for me if thay did not improve on UnrealEd. It's going to be different. Until then - what you are suggesting it's a waste of time. It's the same as learning programming for DOS-6.22.

Regards,

AlexanderII

19. Hourences

Hourences New Member

lol, they can change what they want but ued will still the same :) only more buttons and stuff prolly, the basic idea will still be there, and its normal ued changes and ghets better the higher the engine version, what do you think u2 and stuff will have for a ued ?:)
    and its not a waste of time, you have 1, the theory, understeand the principe and create a virtual intersting world in a, atm still rather simple engine, but this is a good trainign for when the advanbced crap comes, cause it will be a much bigger and difficulter leap to learn all the **** then if you havent done it before
    and 2, you still have this thing called ''the real thing'', wich makes mapping much harder then other ****, you cant learn mapping on 2 days, i know people who learned 60 % of ued in less then a week, and he still sucks badly, why ?, cause you cant learn it by reading some tuts, it comes with the time, and thats another good reason too map now, and dont wait on bigger ****, then you can wait forever, after u2 you will have u3 or something, and then you can say, hey lets wait for u3 then > doesnt work, you can wait 4ever like that, if you want bigger **** work with 3dsmax

20. DavidM

DavidM Designer

alex obviously DID learn mapping in two days....look, its his first map and it already 0wnz so much!!