Clone Bandits Beta 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rounder

just mostly dead
May 12, 2004
Downloading now...

Any new maps by any chance?

*Update

Ahh, just played for a while. Nice improvements fellas! How far away are you from doing a public release? I'd love to see some servers running this.

Oh, BTW, I like the music additions. Makes things less repetative when playing for hours on end. I like the pulp fiction-esq track.

Last edited:

Jason[Demiurge]

Level Designer
Rounder said:
Downloading now...

Any new maps by any chance?

*Update

Ahh, just played for a while. Nice improvements fellas! How far away are you from doing a public release? I'd love to see some servers running this.

Oh, BTW, I like the music additions. Makes things less repetative when playing for hours on end. I like the pulp fiction-esq track.

Unfortunately, as I'm sure you now know, we haven't finished any more maps yet. I am currently working on another one though, but I've got a couple of different things on my plate right now, so I don't know when it will be finished.

If there are other mappers out there who are interested in creating additional Clone Bandits maps, please contact us at CloneBandits@demiurgestudios.com and we can help organize a community map release. Also the Clone Bandits Tutorial (linked to in this post) has been updated with minor changes necessary to be accurate with the our release.

As for a public release, we don't have a date nailed down yet.

And thank you for playing our mod for "hours on end" :) Each of the tracks are produced by local Pittsburgh indie bands/musicians that have donated their music to our mod.

If you're interested in hearing more of their work you can check them out here:

the hi-frequencies: www.hifrequencies.com

Jeremy David of 'ThouShaltNot:' www.thoushalt.net
(Note that the rest of their music is not the genre of our mod, but it is still rockin')

Len Lanphar, an independent musician/producer

LloydNoril

Jun 13, 2004
Heyah! Help me a little bitty bit, please.

The problem is that I signed up and did NOT receive any username/password to download the beta. Please give it to me here: wsimons@poczta.onet.pl

Thank you in advance.

[GU]Opcode

May 11, 2004
LloydNoril said:
Heyah! Help me a little bitty bit, please.

The problem is that I signed up and did NOT receive any username/password to download the beta. Please give it to me here: wsimons@poczta.onet.pl

Thank you in advance.

You’re not alone. I signed up a month or more ago and never heard a peep.

[GU]Opcode

May 11, 2004
I don't understand the lack of feedback about this mod from its makers. I have never seen such forum neglect as I do in this one. I want, like everyone one else, to know if the beta is available? Stop wasting our time here.

hottoast

Art Worker
[GU]Opcode said:
I don't understand the lack of feedback about this mod from its makers. I have never seen such forum neglect as I do in this one. I want, like everyone one else, to know if the beta is available? Stop wasting our time here.

Opcode,

Yes, the beta is available. If you signed up a month ago, then you should have received a username/password. I'm not sure why you didn't. If you sign up for the beta now, you'll receive a confirmation email letting you know that you were added to the mailing list successfully. We didn't have that in place before, so it's possible that you mis-typed your email address, leading to your not receiving a password. Sorry for the confusion and delays.

Cheers,
Tom

[GU]Opcode

May 11, 2004
hottoast said:
Opcode,

Yes, the beta is available. If you signed up a month ago, then you should have received a username/password. I'm not sure why you didn't. If you sign up for the beta now, you'll receive a confirmation email letting you know that you were added to the mailing list successfully. We didn't have that in place before, so it's possible that you mis-typed your email address, leading to your not receiving a password. Sorry for the confusion and delays.

Cheers,
Tom

Well I signed up again and still have not heard anything back but a thank you for signing up. :(

hottoast

Art Worker
[GU]Opcode said:
I still have not heard a peep. :(

Opcode,

The reason you haven't heard a peep is because we're pretty close to another release. We thought it would be a disservice to people to tell them, 'hey, download our mod' and then release a newer, better, shinier version three days later. We are honestly sorry that this process has been taking so long, but rest assured that the wait is almost over.

Cheers,
Tom