1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

climbing for unreal

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by -=Muffstuffer=-, Sep 24, 2001.

?

should infiltration incorperate climbing?

1. Yes, great IDEA! I will tell everyone in the church bake sale!

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
  2. Well it is ok but I like INF the way it is

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. I dont want climbing in INF, It make me tired.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. WTF have you been smokeing Muffstuffer?

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. -=Muffstuffer=-

-=Muffstuffer=- New Member

Hi Warren, I am the Muffstuffer that Tbuildt has produced.
    Check out this site www.urbanterror.net, It has a mod for Quake 3. The mod lets you climb up stuff, like ledges and tops of crates ECT. it should not be too hard to incorperate this, look at the comercial mod of RUNE. you should be able to study the code. This will put your mod over most mods for realism, People wont be stuck only as high as they can jump, they can jump up and grab window seals. and stuff like that, it will add more stragity to maps and realy turn this mod into onr of the greats. The only problem with this is that it may **** up old maps and let you go where the mapper didnt want you to go... There should be a tag or some kind of switch mappers can use to incorperate this climbing or not in their maps.. otherwise they could get ontop of buildings and make the poly count go thruogh the roof...

anyway, If you dont want to incorperate this in your mod, I may make a mutator myself.. I just realy think you guys should do it. the fans of inf will love it!

The codeing exists in RUNE. you should be able to tweak the code for inf use...;)

Thanx for takeing time to read this...

Muffstuffer {Tbuildt}

2. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

dammit, if it wasn't for the word church i would have voted 1

3. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Great idea

Maybe use the multipurpose grab key :p

4. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Maybe my memory fail, but I think this idea is already adressed in the Warren's update.
    BTW it have been brought up several time in the past.

5. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

FUry sees the word "Church"

HIISSHHHH!!!:eek:

6. -=Muffstuffer=-

-=Muffstuffer=- New Member

maybe I will make my own mutator.

If this issue has been addressed and there has been no action taken, then I may have to make my own mutator. I already have the code from RUNE, It is realy straight forward and would not be hard to incorperate in inf at all, I just have to study the structure of the code, and adjust it to avoid copyright infringement.:rolleyes:

7. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

uhh. Usually the code isint the hard part. Its getting it to work and look right that is.
    You will probobly need new animations, perhaps even a model. Its far beyond just putting in just a "mutator".

8. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

hehe imagine how silly it would look without the animations.
    also if you where to climb to a pretty high place you should drop your weapon or something because I'm sure its nearly impossible to grab on to a ledge while holding a rifle or SMG maybe even a pistol.

9. Faded Soul

Faded Soul Sniper

Thats why we holster the pistol, and sling our primary to our backs.. dur :D

10. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

yea but we dont have that function in inf do we? or do we???:confused:

11. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Aside from the animations, it would be a simple matter. Merely make it so you can't fire your weapon while climbing. Much like crawling around while in prone.

A vote #1 for me.

12. Faded Soul

Faded Soul Sniper

Well, it'd be auto holster or put on your back when you go to climb, you couldn't do it otherwise for the function.. but *shrug* Jump offa somethin high, voila no more weapon!

13. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

Isn't there an "Empty" function just below the choose weapon functions when you configure your keys in iNF?

Or is that actually an empty slot rather than a function to empty your hands?

14. Faded Soul

Faded Soul Sniper

huh? ^.^