1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CliffyB: No Gears 2 For Windows

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Aug 29, 2008.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

In an interview with IGN, Gears guru, Cliff Bleszinski declares:

Goodbye Gears, alas we hardly knew ye. (thanks Kantham)

2. Apathy.

Apathy. New Member

Until later next year when they decide to announce it for PC (Hopefully.. I could be wrong.)

CliffyB? I could have sworn he started crying about being called that.. Something about being too old for it or something.

3. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

Not a PC version, but maybe a PC port? meh, not likely anyway.

4. dub

dub

Be nice to know why, though that I'm sure we'll never know.

5. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

No Gears 2 for PC? That sucks.

6. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

Any tears for gears?

Lruce

7. beefsack

beefsack the authority in beef

Wow that's a shame. Gears of War is a game we play heaps at LANs would have loved the sequel :s

8. MonsOlympus

MonsOlympus Active Member

Oh well, you lost me as a customer!

9. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

Gears of War 2 did look great but just that game on its own wouldn't justify buying an Xbox for me. Anyone planning on getting an Xbox just for this game?

10. UndeadRoadkill

UndeadRoadkill New Member

Hmm. I was intending to try GoW to see what all the fuss was about, now if I end up liking it, I guess I'll just be disappointed that there will be no GoW 2.

I wouldn't buy an Xbox for this or any other game.

11. StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher New Member

That's a joke, right? As if we didn't already know that Gears PC sold horribly and hence wasn't worth the dev and marketing money thrown at it?

But hey, I guess if MS can keep shoveling Halo PC out the door every few years, why shouldn't Epic do the same?

12. KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior Flyin' High

BREAD AND BUTTER

rofl.

13. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

14. LP

LP *wants to be your friend*

meh

i can live without a mediocre port of a mediocre game

15. KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior Flyin' High

Gears was never anything more than a prettier, gorier version of Kill.Switch. It's the principle of the thing, really. I guess ol' CliffyB has gotten too old for bread and butter and prefers to enjoy thick, juicy steaks instead.

16. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Shame because I really enjoyed the first one. Oh well Epic brought it out too late because Microsoft said "no no we have exclusivity for such and such months" Exclusives are nothing more than a pain in the ass nowadays.

17. JimBodkins

JimBodkins New Member

Remember this next time you consider purchasing an Epic title.

Epic is loyal to profits - not a criticism - and not specifically fan base.

Their choice.

After the abandonment of the Tribes franchise, HellGate London, most of the Epic PC brands (I'm sure there are more) - I can make a choice as well - and it wont be based on loyalty.

18. MrMaddog

MrMaddog Flak Monkey

Well Halla-frickin'-lulah!! Now how about making the next UT game PC only so Epic will starting good games again for a change?

19. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I posted my rant over Epic Game about it. This was kinda expected in way yes but I kept the head up high begin an optimist (Yes, me, optimist!), but after seeing all the bull**** can Epic has brought up lately since UT3 is out, wow, I'm sick of it all.

Moving on to another game not caring about GoW2 anymore, even though I know I'll want to play it on my xbox 360, hopping that this site will stay alive, even probably renamed to a general community game site, that would be great. :tup:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  20. Chromatik

Chromatik New Member

I've stayed so quiet through all of this but I can't take it anymore.

Really Cliffy? Really?

I was looking forward to Gears 2 so that's too bad, but honestly I'm getting used to it. Has anyone else noticed that Epic is part of the PC Gaming Alliance, yet they seem to be one of the first to strengthen the console market while weakening the PC?

I have bought everyone of your games since, and including Unreal at least twice for one reason or another. I love the expandability, the mod community and everything about the Unreal franchise. I was hoping this was the beginning for another PC franchise that I could get excited about and say, "Whens the next one coming out??? Screw it!! I'll keep playing the crap out of this one!!"

But no, no Gears for us. You know why I won't play it on 360? Because my 360 is a red ringed piece of **** sitting under my TV that's why :mad:. I bought a 360 primarily for Gears and for future titles. I was going to buy UT3 for 360 even though that batwing console kids call a contoller is a kiddie piece of crap, but I cannot justify investing more time and money on a console the died within less than 2 years when my PC hasn't even been REBOOTED in 6 months with the exception of updates and video drivers.

Jesus Christ guys if you are part of the PC gaming alliance the ACT LIKE IT. Invest some of those frieght containers full of cash MS has been shoving your way and come up with a new business model or non software based protection scheme. Intel, Nvidia and AMDTI should be more than willing to help.
    Work WITH whats left of the community that used to be the stuff of legend. You wonder why the market for PC is such crap? Because devs like you won't do anything about it and guys like me can't afford to by 7000 copies per person just to sustain you in your apathy.

You say that the PC market is ****ed? Ask VALVE and Blizzard how ****ed it really is. I played Half-Life 2 through twice, haven't touched TF2 or CSS and have no interest in WOW because those are not my games, they aren't "home" to me. Unreal is home to me if that makes any sense.

This post was about more than Gears 2 obviously, but this was all I could take.

End of line