1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cliff B Tweaks PC Gamers Over MIA Bulletstorm Demo

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jan 16, 2011.

1. 4LC4PON3

4LC4PON3 Guest

No its not just a Twitter post. It shows the True nature of CliffyB that he is. A complete Asshole. yes I started the War with CliffyB by telling him off on Twitter calling him & his company out but Its BS.

We are Gamers as much as then next person. We supported CliffyB with Unreal & made him who he is. CliffyB has decided over the years to blame piracy for lack of sales n crap but look at the HackBox 360. It is just as Pirated as the PC but they always get everything while we get Shafted.

Even if they do give us the Game they will more then likely not give us any support for it anyways. This is Called Lazy Devs.

2. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

Hey, that's an interesting way to think about it; as camouflaged commentary rather than just a snarky remark.
    If you didn't point it out, I never would have seen it.

3. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- New Member

It's hard to believe people are still debating over PCs vs Consoles. Times have changed and people's priorities have too. Developers want more money and that means people have to spend more. How do you do that? By overhyping a game and then releasing it to the masses and that means console players, because consoles are more affordable, a good gift, can do multiplayer both offline and online, requires less knowledge and attention, games can be traded, and last but not least, it's the latest "trend" among kids at school.

Think about how many kids are playing CoD and you'll get the picture. This is the herd mentality and this rule applies to anything that has a value in money. Less questions, more spending, consume, more!

So what happens when you try to shove crap like that to someone that has a higher IQ than a brickBOX? He doesn't take it. And that's what hurting people like CliffyB. He has no groundbreaking ideas, but his greed grows with every game he makes. But don't worry, there's still hope in the indie devs. All my latest games are indie and are more satisfying than any of the hyped games that came out recently.

4. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

True, just don't count on the big guys.
    For instance Gamespot; they've pretty much left the PC reviewing to anyone else, unless it's a really big title.
    Or they just copy/paste, completely ignoring whether it's a poor port or not (as if they've never played a PC game before to know).

5. Super-Moose

Super-Moose Member

I remember when Epic were a bunch of nice guy's - some of them former modders - that really cared for and took an active part in their fan community. Seems like nothing more than a half-remembered dream now...
    It's a good thing they can't make a decent game now, or I might have actually given a ****. :tup:

/takes down his CliffyB poster.

6. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Truth.

It is like in the music industry:

Justin Bieber's music ... it is simple, has no depth and appeals to the masses. Nothing special about it. But the sound is polished and well produced so that the kids can love it easily. Same goes for the visual presentation.

Heav marketing and you have a hit... ..check that for videogames noways.

Yep, it is the same.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  7. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

:lol:

Edit: I definitely missed the laughing smiley.
    Still it's really sad that Cliff won't have anymore groundbreaking ideas since his Unreal 1 SP maps.

8. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

I don't think it's so much "premier platform" so much as it is "equal platform". 360 and PS3 get things like first dibs on DLC, demos, etc. Why is the PC being treated as a second class citizen despite having just as much power and legitimacy as the consoles? Valve reported 30 million users on Steam months before Xbox Live reached 30 million subscribers.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with so many people saying they're going to pirate it instead. Seriously, this doesn't help the situation and makes it seem more like we're just a bunch of spoiled twats.

Don't like the lack of a demo? Fine. Then don't buy it or wait until it hits the bargain bin on Steam. We don't need to be douches to tell them what we want.

9. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

AWWW SMASSSSSSSSSS indeed

If this game isn't that great I won't be getting it. If it's really good then I might get it, but that's doubtful considering it's epic.

10. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

[​IMG]

Just in case...

(apologies for attempted derailment, but I could not resist! Borrowed this from the funny pics thread)

11. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Sorry, are we talking about the game that had half-closed beta, that was limited to NA (they said there was option for europeans, but I ended up on the same gamespy page for NA), and had no public demo? And which will go *gasp* GFWL? I barely see the difference from Bulletstorm.

12. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

More people post in a thread about Cliff's one-liner than threads with actual gameplay.

Looks like people really don't care what this game has to offer.

13. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Someone remove GFWL and I care about the gameplay. :)

14. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

*Blezinski

15. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Bleszinski

16. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Curing the infection...

Valve expands their market without splitting their communities by making Portal 2 (and maybe TF2/L4D2 in the future?) cross-platform on PC, Mac and PS3 including voicechat and friendslist.

Epic cant even be arsed to offer a demo for the PC-version of Bulletstorm.
    And as if that wasnt enough they let their main front man piss in the PC players face on twitter

No wonder Valve gets my money these days.

17. dub

dub

That was already ridiculous when it first happened. Might as well have had Apple join it ^^
    Is there space under that rock for two? I also want to escape the world!
    But in all seriousness, console gamers are just as; if not even more grumpy than PC gamers.

Epic are in a way baiting the pirates with this though. You often see people reason their pirating antics with "I wanted to try the game before I buy it". Not saying it's right or even logical, but that's the way it is.

Also I'm quite eager to see Epic be grumpy about PC sales of this game :)
    Because they will be, just as sure as it is they will be surprised and baffled as to why that is, even though you can pretty much bet that the pre and post launch support for PC will be meagre at best and non-existent at worst.

It's not just a PC issue though. Games in general are half-assed affairs nowadays. Buggy games being released on every system and often devs or publishers never bother fixing stuff. Probably because their too busy working on the next DLC ^^
    Fixing a game people have already paid for doesn't get your more cash.

Cliffy B.

Also this from the actual developers of the game.
    How to make an army out of one bald dude
    Also has a neat little video with it.

18. Miko

Miko Mikommander

Valve also suckers people into buying items they can find in game for TF2 and makes them buy keys to open those crates. Most smart people leave crates alone but its the principal of the matter.

19. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Was still closer than Plumb was :p

20. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

So, because Epic does little to put out high quality PC games and has been focusing more on console games makes them an obstacle in the way of proper PC gaming? Do you know how many other companies use Unreal Engine in their games? Why expect Epic to be the sole lead in PC gaming? Besides, you need to define what you mean, because there exist a plethora of PC games that are not console ports and of which are quite good and successful.

And calling Bulletstorm a console port is a bull**** claim, unless you have internal knowledge of their design documents.