1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clients and hosts see differently

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Silver_Ibex, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Silver_Ibex

Silver_Ibex New Member

I got the aimer to work client side; trouble is the host for some reason thinks it also needs to send its crosshairs to the clients.

This means whoever is playing as host still has their position given away by a visible laser crosshairs/aimer.

How do I stop the host from sending this information???

Last edited: Feb 22, 2002
  2. Magus

Magus New Member

Have you tried adding this to the default properties:

bOnlyOwnerSee=true

3. Silver_Ibex

Silver_Ibex New Member

Sure I could do that and have already tried it, but it has to work while in third person view.
    When bonlyownersee=true the object will only appear if you’re in first person view, that’s why your weapon mesh with the hands doesn’t hover in front of your body when you switch to behindview.

The problem here is the host sending unneeded info to the clients, it is telling the client it is spawning the sprite.

The clients aimer does not show up on the host, so that’s halfway complete, or fixed if you can afford a dedicated server, so the host never enters the match.

I already set the sprites “RemoteRole=none” in hopes that would solve the problem but that didn’t fix it :(

4. navboy

navboy New Member

“RemoteRole=none" or "RemoteRole=ROLE_None" ?

5. Silver_Ibex

Silver_Ibex New Member

So all I had to do was remove the simulated from the function and it would not send the info to the client :D