Click here for my free pix. No credit card needed! (map pix btw)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
An early screen of CTF-DMUT-StoneForts][. Very early I might add.
Current max poly counts in 'playable area' 250, average of about 160+.
You won't see this before Christmas, but maybe before the new yer. I'll post more screens when I take them. Thnx to Claw for this one :)

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Well, would this make for a good skybox?

sunset1_sample.jpg

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Weeeell, I'm in fact very laaazy, and still I'm already engaged with Team Orbit - you know, the guys with the big mechs and cool guns and all other cool stuff! </pimpage>

I'll rather focus all the productivity I have on this project... And don't you call me a good mapper! I'm the worst lazy bastard out there... I've had about 20 times more ideas and discontinued maps than finished ones (This is meant to sound negative...)

Anyways, thanks for the offer, maybe I'll come back to it when you guys pay your staff ;) hehe

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I want to change that texture. There aren't many good rock textures though :\
And I can't judge the flow yet, I haven't done the bases :)

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by Bot_40
I want to change that texture. There aren't many good rock textures though :\
And I can't judge the flow yet, I haven't done the bases :)
ya i agree!
I've goto use that tired old Shadar texture on my rocks in my new level because i couldn't find one that worked :(

oh well it looks good :)

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
well, this is far from final :D
You're right about the support, I think... I always have my problems with that kind of stuff :(
The lighting: You certainly noticed that there aren't any lightsources yet, did you? :p I'll do that when all the rest's finished. Oh my! Lots of work! And I'm soooo lazy! :D

This map is gonna be released for NeoCairo Beta 5 btw, I suggest you check out Team Orbit's page to make sure you're among the first to get it when we release it... which is *really* soon :) I assure you! It's in its final testing stages! But enough, I'm not gonna spoil it :p

Dunno if I'll make a UT version of it. But nevermind, this isn't *my* thread anyways :D :p

Sincerely, Lugg

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Yeah - The blue lighting is a bit overwhelming - but as you say it's early days - I would also look at staggering the texturing from ceiling to floor to give the eye something interesting to look at - if you check your shots - you'll notice there is no variation from the floor plan to the roof and this will blend all the interesting architecture together - not good

Definately change the floor texture to something lighter - make it high shadow detail and angle a strong light source through those windows and you will have a very dynamic area visually - I did this in my first map DM-Nouveaux - from a reference point of view you - check it out and you'll see where I'm coming from

Also ditch the warning lines - I can't think of a map that has used them effectively yet

The terrain outside looks interesting though

Lruce

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
That's a EnvMap in fact, I did it with Terragen. EnvMaps usually have one problem in Ut: They look much too low-res. In fact they usually are, because they are just 6 256 square textures. I worked around this by using nine tiles per face, making for a grand total of 54 textures just for this skybox! :rolleyes:

Most not brand-new graphic cards tend to scale 512 square textures down using the mips, but this produces the same result as using a 256 square texture... So I thought of this solution. It has a problem though: It doesn't look good in 16BPP mode. I had to bring all of them textures down to one palette, so there would be no edges... this caused some color problems, as before there were 7010 unique colors, and these have to be resampled to 256... :( But nevermind, I've lost my track. What have we been talking about?

Oh yes, architecture! I'll definitely check your map out when I find the time (on the weekend?). I already have a strong light behind those windows in fact, it's just too far away to produce nice shadows on the floor. and if I put it closer, it always looks weird, cause sunlight usually comes in (almost) parallel. I've already used Spotlights in some other maps to get around this...

I'll also consider that with the floor, thanks for pointing out! :)

And I really like the warning texture! Well, no, but I was hurrying myself to get that ceiling done, so I just chose what fit. :) It will be reconsidered!

Thanks for feedback! Lugg